Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HSE charge for admission

• 24-06-2022 11:31am

My son was taken ill on a bus and an ambulance was called. He gave the hospital his VHI number.

He's 21 and it was his first time in hospital (hopefully his last attendance for another 21 years). He is a student with zero income. Neither does he have a medical card. So, he was invoiced for €100 and I paid.

This is a statutory requirement for attending A&E without a GP referral. I get it, lets stop people unnecessarily using A&E. But, the hospital will surely invoice the VHI for exams etc. which they wouldn't do for non VHI insured. So, WHY would any person with VHI insurance give their insurance details if they will not get any benefit from it?

Surely the government could have at least one A&E visit per year FOC if no Medical card. As it stands I'll be advising anyone not to bother the Public Hospitals with your medical insurance details if you find yourself in A&E.

Comments

Advertisement