Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Room Available Sandymount Hotel 24/06/22-Eagles

Options
  • 23-06-2022 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I had intended going to the Eagles but circumstances have changed.

Have a room booked in the Sandyford Hotel (B+B) only 5 minutes walk from the Aviva.

It is pre-paid, and as I booked it last year the price is only €330 which is what it cost me.

First up, best dressed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I think you might mean the SandyMOUNT Hotel?

And only €330??? 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

I know its Dublin but €330 is insane for a hotel room, that kind of price shouldn't be normalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Gusser09

To be fair to the OP that probably is cheap for Dublin in Sandymount.

But yeh Ireland truly is fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭breakemall

Thank you for the correction.

That price was last November. Do a trawl now and see what they are charging, if you can even get a room.

Rip off Ireland is alive and well, all I am trying to do is cut my losses and help someone who actually wants a room get it for a lot less than is being extorted these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Gusser09

And you should be commended for not gouging.

Myself I'd be letting the seats down in the car and sleeping in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

‘Only’

sigh

I ONLY booked the room, I am not the hotel!

FYI, tomorrow night samples in Dublin from Booking.com: Fitzwilliam €649, Gresham €448, Burlington €479, Samuel Hotel €429, Hyatt Centric €450, The Fleet €449, Croke Park €459 etc. etc. etc.

If someone is going to the Eagles and need a hotel, I have one just 5 minutes from venue and am willing to sell at cost. If the cost shocks people, well that is the economic world we now live in sadly. Not my fault, and when I say "only €330", it is a statement of fact when compared to the going rate. 😥

Bump

As there were no takers, have just given the room away FOC so will not be wasted...

I would have given you 70 for it.

• Advertisement

The person I gave it to sounded more than €70 worth of grateful so I feel good, they feel great and you get to keep your money so winners all around. Hope anyone going to the Eagles tonight have a great experience, and do not get too wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Advertisement