Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fendt 106

• 20-06-2022 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

after inheriting a Fendt 106, any ideas on how to turn on the PTO?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

Do you have the arm to pull back by the steering wheel? If so pull back

Do you have a round foot pedal by the seat that you can pull up? If you do pull it up (you cant pull up if lever at steering wheel not pulled back)

Then release handle at side of steering wheel slowly to activate pto

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Loughfield

Thanks, I was wondering was the level to the left of the steering wheel a hand clutch. PTO working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

What are lads opinions on fendts

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Loughfield

Not that I know much, but there is some serious build quality with the one I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Advertisement

Both

I can discuss newish (2018) cos I have one. So far it's the finest. Sensors on everything are a pain in the mickey and they do fire up "beep beep beeps" which can be ignored/cancelled and a turn off/on again often sorts it. Easy drive and comfy. Great torque low down the speed but poor enough when going faster (as in just the tractor driving up a hill starting at 43km/h would be back to 35/36km/h depending on hill - wouldn't need to be overly steep). Even loaded it's great take off from stopped. Was drawing slurry with another man with similar sized tank who had 20 more horses under the bonnet. From standing start I'd be away and up to the 20km/h mark much quicker but he'd gain on hills as I'd die and he wouldn't as much. Vario transmission is a great job - clutches are for losers 😀. Probably too many electrics on it such as lift, spools, etc. More things potentially to go wrong compared to pulling a lever. Benefit is ya can automate a lot of stuff and just hitting one button could trigger a few events (drop implement(s), up revs, set speed, engage auto steer).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Fendt are and always were the best tractor on the market.

Fendt know this, that's why they are and always were the most expensive tractor on the market.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

If you really want to piss off a fendt man just say they are just green massey s.only limited experience of them but they give trouble too and abit clostrapbic to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

The only true statement I agree with in that post is that they were and are the most expensive tractor on the market.

If you've ever been given the bill for a fix to their little black box,or been woke up to a screen full of alarms and an engine de-rated. You wouldn't be calling it the best tractor make on the market.

Roosterman knows all about the fendt power cycle 🤣.

• Advertisement

Ya'd be surprised. My one came in 8k more than a similar powered JD, and I'd still have to buy loader implements (apart from the bucket). And it wasn't even an R Deere but the M (6120M to be exact)

You keep your filthy truth to yourself

Have had a derating episode, and one that a turn off/on again wouldn't solve. Turned out to be a cock up during the previous service which was the root cause. Was sorted, had a loaner tractor and got 2 years extra warranty for my trouble. Though I still get the fear everyday I use it in case some other sensor decides it's had enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Their a lovely looking tractor

Advertisement