Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric bike

• 10-06-2022 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Going to buy an electric bike. Budget is 1500. Looking at Halfords, eurocycle and decathlon. But I don't have a clue what the difference is other than the battery claims. One thing I'd like is ease to charge / replace battery if needed. It's for commuting to work. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭8valve

Maybe add a couple of hundred to your budget, which will get you something with Bosch componentry (motor/controller/battery pack), for durability, build quality and ease of dealing with any aftersales issues, if they should arise.

You may have made up your mind already but would consider a DIY e-bike?

You could get something like a trek marlin 5 and then add a aftermarket kit to it. It may not look as good as an e-bike from a manufacturer, but I do feel it is better value for money, especially if you don't want to be limited by the 25 KPH limit.

Probably cheaper from the likes of AliExpress but Amazon do have faster shipping.

Advertisement