Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus baggage

• 18-06-2022 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one.

When adding an extra checked baggage (We want to bring a second case, we already have 1 x 20kg bag booked) there are two options.

1. 20kg in 2 bags under my name
    2. Add a 20kg bag to anotherperson checking in

The prices are different, for 20kg x 2 its an extra €25 each way but if I want to add a 20kg bag for my wife its an extra €42.

Am I missing something obvious here? Surely its the same thing? Why the price difference. I dont want to chose the cheaper option and then told "Oh no you should have chosen a 20kg option under another passenger"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

Does 20kg in two bags mean two bags with 20kg in total? If so it would explain why it's cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

No its 40kg in 2 bags, thats what was confusing, will see what happens anyway

Advertisement