Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Rep was on Newstalk just now and said 90% of their staff will be available, I was only half listening, you might get it on the pod later

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Waiting 2 years to go on a sun holiday and now this…..would Ryanair be liable for the hotel nights missed if the outbound flight is cancelled / delayed / rescheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭freddie_

If you outward flight is cancelled, is the return leg automatically cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Kat1170

No, Ry are a point to point airline. Even though it says return it is in fact two one way flights. Hence why, unlike other airlines, you can miss your outward flight without your return being automatically cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi Folks,

Has anyone had issues claiming expenses from Ryanair?

They cancelled a flight due to flight home at 10pm. Usual story delayed til 11.30 then cancelled.

Had to pay hotel and get new flights via airlingus as the next flight to shannon was in two days and the ryanair dublin flight was booked out.

Also paid travelling expenses getting down from dublin to shannon.

They are now not going to pay expenses on the basis that I booked through another airline even tho the sheet details said this was possible

Just wondering whats the best way to approach this.

Flight itself was £450 (2 tickets)

Post edited by skinny90 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Anyone come across this issue before or any advice?

Booked to go to Lanzarote in November with family (4adults, 1 toddler and 1 baby) and had originally paid extra (albeit at the time was only about 10 or 15 each) for a particular time that day as the times suited us a lot better as traveling from Mayo and for the earlier flight we'd be leaving at 1 in the morning.

Booked the car park in Dublin and then last week was going to organise airport transfers for Lanzarote as needed to book child car seats. Was in the process and for some reason I logged into Ryanair to get the times of arrival and departure and noticed they weren't right so went back and checked my email and the times had been changed on both departure and arrival days that we didn't originally want or book.

Rang them, chatted to them through there webchat and no one could give me an explanation for the change especially when I pointed out our original booking times are still there and available to book. We got no notification about the change and they are saying we can't request a change until we receive an email informing us of this change which mightn't be until 14 days before we depart so that leaves it very difficult to book airport transfers and also if I have to inform the car park about our new arrival and departure times.

Think if they had changed us and informed us off the change because they had to cut the flights from two flights to one flight out of Dublin I could see the sense in it but when our original booking times are still there both ways I just can't understand why this change was made and also how difficult it is to get an answer from Ryanair. Both Ryanair customer service agents could only tell me they couldn't tell me anything about this change as they didn't make the change!!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Probably not much can do except wait. Doesn't sound like there's any pressing need to know now if you're travelling at an off-peak time in November. I don't think I'd book anything else on a no-refund basis until you know though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Out winter flight time has changed too, 2pm now moved to 6am, doesn’t seem to be any recourse. Like you we weren’t notified, I just noticed it on app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Actually just got the email this evening notifying is of the change so have to ring in the morning to try to change back all our flights to the original time. Says in the email it should be allowed but it's daft we have to do it on the first place.

The flight we were changed to is still dearer on there website than the one we originally booked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

Why does Ryanair prompt you to upload covid certs if not required to enter a country? Flying to Spain so not required. Is it a case they prefer not to yak it out for certain countries so leave it for all flights as easier for them?

When did Ryanair start charging you more for less bags?

43 kgs over 3 bags is overweight and want to charge you more than 60kgs over 5 bags when it be free. So you give them a tiny bag and it’s fine.

A new one for me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Because they have to handle the 20kg bags, but you carry the 10kg ones?

The 10 go into the hold also.

basically they said the 10 bags weigh more than 10 per bag. First they tried to charge me for 13kgs overweight till I had to show them a 20kg was included.

like they hadn’t a clue what to do and making it up. Tiny bag had to go where you’d put oversize bags like golf clubs etc. wasn’t Dublin or any city airport

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ryanair cancelled a flight out and back I was due to take next month.

They sent me an email with 2 options.

Switch to next available flight or move to day before or day after.

Is it true there is meant to be an option to cancel for a refund? They don't include it in email...pretty misleading...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

They will allow you to get refund, I did that last year. Now don’t ask me to recall exactly how, but as I did a hotel + flight booking through click&go I had to produce 4 types of proof. I did that at 11.30pm, and before 1am I had a refund processed by a human!

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Brilliant.

They could include that in the options then in their email...pretty misleading to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

In t1 airport last night and most of the Ryanair flights were an utter shambles. My own flight was delayed 4 hours and then ultimately cancelled.

I dont mind flights being cancelled or delayed - but Ryanair's absolute contempt for their own customers means I'll never fly with them again if I have any options. I'd even fly to another city and drive to destination to avoid them. Absolute piss poor communication and treatment of customers.

Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

With Ryanair flight pricing

For a flight next week to London, the price has gone from €80 to €108 in the last day

Would this be from my regular searches or just more and more seats being gone?

I was hoping they wouldn’t be that price (I needed to leave to last minute to book)

Would using a VPN as a different country help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

at a guess I'd say it's just seats being booked up and closer to flight time standard price increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Funnily enough it was back down to €93 today so just took that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Nit sure if it's mentioned but has anyone noticed 2023 flight times changing?

I have 3 separate bookings: April,May and September and all 3 flight times have changed to the one i booked. Basically my confirmation email with flight times are different to the ones showing in "my account" on ryanair.

First 2 I can live with. September flights I booked that particular flight time for a reason. Was at 6.30am now at 9.20am I need the 6.30

Contacted ryanair who said I cannot get a refund as the change is not confirmed yet.

but the counter issue is new customers who book will get the 9.20 flight?

So either customers who booked the 6am flight will be messed over or the 9am flight. (Nobody knows till its confirmed?????

I have been told to wait for scheduled change email as its the only way that will give me the option to make a change (latest will be 90 days out) this could potentially be June when September flights will be mad money

Is this correct or where do I go with them?

For piece of mind I'd rather get a refund or move it a day back but no option for refund and moving they are charging me

Flying this weekend with Ryanair and on the cheapest option as one night trip so small bag will do. The flight seems to be empty enough as still seats for €30. I presume I’ll get some random seat. If I get on the plane last could I just pick some random seat?

I booked flights in Feb for December this year, they changed the time in June, I am still waiting to get an email so I can change it, its torture. They just keep saying they can't do anything until I get the email! it was 90 days, then 60 and now I'm 32 days out and still no email. Pain in the hoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You will get a random seat at check in if its a crap one wait around until you are nearly/or you are the last person on the flight you can sit anywhere free as nobody else is to get on

So I've no hope then, its not great. Again I don't mind them changing it but surely some notice, especially as the time has changed 365 days out from original flight... I doubt at this stage they will go back to my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭fsfg

You need a law degree to ensure Ryanair are treating you legally. There must be laws that instruct them to make your entitlements clear

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

Looking for advice with a cancelled flight. I booked a return flight from Cork to Lanzarote and received an e-mail last week saying that the return flight was cancelled due to commercial reasons and that I could (a) get a full refund, or (b) book a replacement flight at no extra cost.

I absolutely did not want to lose out on this holiday (first in years) so I chose the option of a replacement flight. No replacement flights available to Cork, but there was a flight to Shannon on the same day. I followed the cancellation link, selected the replacement flight option and hit 'confirm change'. At this point, it simply would not process the booking for some reason. I stayed at this for over an hour and it simply would not process the request to change. I also tried contacting Ryanair directly and was on hold for just under an hour when the line simply went dead. The online chat at the time was a Bot and it said that all agents were unavailable.

I didn't want to have to deal with the stress of this overnight and the fear of the replacement flight being fully booked so I made a new booking for the replacement flight. However, including car hire to get back to Cork, the cost of the replacement flight was almost €400 more expensive. I only want to be refunded the difference between the original booking and the new booking but the Ryanair online chat said this was not an option and that I should have contacted an agent to make the change. No regard whatsoever that the flight change option didn't work and it is impossible to get hold of somebody. It is of no benefit to me to disregard the free flight change on the same booking for a totally new booking at much higher cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

If you start rebooking yourself you probably forfeit the right to being re-routed free. You were so impatient to resolve the matter immediately and be booked on a particular flight that this drove you to taking a chance on being refunded your extra costs. You've replaced the "fear" of missing out on the flight and "stress" of having to deal with it overnight with the stress of potentially now not being refunded your extra costs, which potentially could last much longer, if it's even resolved at all.

Ryanair said last week that they were reducing some flights in the summer due to fewer planes being produced, so I presume this was for at least several weeks away: it was unlikely that an acceptable route back couldn't be found when you eventually got through to an agent.

Good luck trying to get your money back, but I don't think you will. Be more patient next time.

Post edited by Rock Steady Edy on

Advertisement