Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi bike carrier

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

looks like it's the type which you feed under the top of the boot lid?

if so, just be aware that that style is not compatible with certain cars (e.g. mine) where the glass runs right to the edge of the boot. the frame for the boot is bonded to, rather than around, the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I'm sure it's fine for a couple of bikes but I'd be wary of putting 3 heavy hybrids on it and as MB said, not all cars are compatible, check your car manual. I know mine (Citroen Picasso) has a fibreglass panel on top of the boot lid as a sort of spoiler, and this means you can't hang a bike carrier off it.

(in the picture they have it hanging off a boot with a spoiler which I'm pretty sure would be a bad idea).

Advertisement