Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 months and no reply from Intel

Options
  • 15-06-2022 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm a qualified mechanic and applied for a graduate manufacturing position at Intel. On their site I applied for the 3 positions available (all basically the same, I just thought Id try all 3 and see). Also, a guy I worked with that went to Intel put me down as a recommendation. I received an email confirming I was recommended.

On the site, the 3 applications all said "In Progress" which obviously means its still in the process of checking. But 2 weeks ago 2 of them said "Not Selected" and the 3rd one still says in progress. It's been 8 weeks and I haven't heard anything. Another guy at my work also applied and after 2 weeks they emailed him saying the positions are filled, however if position's are available he could be a fit.

I'm just wondering why I havent received any emails or anything to confirm. The 2 that they said not selected I'm guessing is because all 3 are the same position and you cant be a candidate for 3 of the same positions at once, so they marked them as not selected, but one is still in progress and I haven't heard back regarding the recommendation.

I was just wondering how long does it take to hear anything or is there a way to confirm? Because I'd rather know they aren't interested than sit and wait😄

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Since they are graduate positions, the basic requirement would be to that you have a degree... as well as being a qualified mechanic do you have a relevant degree as well?

'In Progress' could mean anything, but most likely it means that the position has not been filled yet, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Chadz31

Hi Jim. No, a degree is not required if you have a trade certificate. It's only needed if you are not a qualified mechanic or electrician, which I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Chadz31

• "You must have an NFQ Certificate (Level 6) or Diploma/Ord Bachelors/Higher Certificate (Level 7) in either Mechanical, Electrical / Electronic, or completed a Trades Apprenticeship."
    • I see the jobs have become inactive on the site, so looks like they have frozen employment for the meantime. I read Intel is reviewing employment in all positions because of the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭teediddlyeye

I'm a mechanic, recently started work in intel.

You need to apply for the "experienced manufacturing Technician" position.

I had originally applied for the graduate one and heard nothing back.

Although I believe they've stopped hiring at the min.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

Advertisement