Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You might still need to call them, but at least you can try that ^^^ first, it might just work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

The unlimited membership with the 200GB fup does that show up as 200GB or unlimited in the app

Do you have to keep track of yourself or what's the crack . Currently on the 100 GB but might change up

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

I have a 48 sim that I haven't used in a while but was thinking of using it again but at the moment I can't receive calls or texts. 48 network appears on my phone and when I log in to my 48 it appears as if the sim is still active, does anyone if I'll be able to make and receive calls again if I top up?

tried to get an answer on their chat but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ozark707

I travelled this week (to the UK) and was fearful I would have the same issues I had last summer (no voice/data for 8 days!!) but this time I followed the instructions here and before I got to baggage reclaim I managed to get service. The relief!!!

Also on the way back it worked much quicker than usual. I have an iPhone 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It's called "All Data" but the terms say the limit is 200GB. You could get another SIM for the 200GB plan and keep your current SIM on the 100GB plan until you're sure you want to change plans....you can't go back to the 100GB plan if you change plans on your current SIM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

So if u buy the 12-99 add-on when renewing your stuck with it ?

That doesn't seem right can you not just choose the 100gb next month?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm on the 7.99 plan. Browsing YouTube in the boonies of clonlara, county Limerick, and I guess they got a new mast.

5G where before on the same handset I was lucky to get 3g

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Has 48 sorted out the EU roaming problems as in switching over to a local network without restarting the phone and keeping everything crossed that it will work?

My young adult kids have used 48 for a long time and travelling a few times in the past year they have given up and relied on wifi. and friends. Not good if travelling alone and have to make a call on arrival at the airport. They have all switched to virgin €5 for 5 months offer as it finds the local provider in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,364 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

How can I tell if any given mast is 5G or not? What am I looking for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My parents went to Turkey last week.

Both on 48.

My mams phone auto connected to the local network but my dad had to go into the sim application settings and charge the network selection to auto.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think you would see NR as one of the services.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Anybody have any service right now? None at all for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The 48 roaming problems continue on for me anyway. Was in Belgium, France and the UK over the last 10 days and the only place it worked was France. I followed all the APN settings they list on their website and on this thread and it still wouldnt work. Ive no ideas how it worked in France but not Belgium and the UK (and Portugal before that).

Anyway needless to say I cant trust it to work and in the UK after almost an hour trying the various settings in the airport upon arrival I went and bought a Lyca mobile sim for £25 to cover my trip there. Since arriving home Ive complained to 48 and asked for that £25 cost to be refunded and supplied them with a photograph of the receipt of the £25 sim. They are currently offering me 3 x 7.99 free memberships but Im pushing for four of them so Im not left a penny out of pocket, otherwise its off to Comreg and they will deal with it. Its just ridiculous now at this stage, they've known about this problem for well over a year and it still hasnt been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

If you are not receiving calls or texts you are probably outside the 90 day period for renewing your membership since your last membership expired.I think your best option is to contact 48 webchat again and ask if your number is still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you enter your number into the gift shop web page, it will show what memberships are available to buy. If the number is recognized then it will probably work once membership is bought.

https://48.ie/gift-shop

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

1. Fair Usage Policy (FUP)

Our fair usage policy will be changing from 10,000 minutes and 10,000 text messages per membership to 5,000 minutes and 5,000 text messages per membership. After the expiry of your current membership, your membership fair usage policy (FUP) will change to 5,000 minutes and 5,000 text messages. All other allowances and limits are unchanged

Strange one?

Strange one to implement.

Maybe pushing the few to cancel and move and reduce the numbers on the lowest cheaper €7.99 plan?

yeah possibly but its hard to think of many people who would use more than 5,000 texts a month, like that is 166 texts a day when most people are using Whatapp anyway. With calls its almost 3 hours per day on the phone, some people could do that some days but Id doubt theres many doing it every day throughout the month

I’d be similar. Between WhatsApp and iMessage I wouldn’t come close!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭dermo2014

3. Misuse of 48 Services

Our provisions relating to suspension and termination of 48 services will be updated, where 48 has the sole discretion to terminate or suspend accounts without notice to you if it has been reasonably suspected by 48 that you have violated 48’s terms and conditions. For example, 48 reserves the right to disconnect any SIM cards, if more than 20 SIM cards have been ordered on your account within a six-month period with the same delivery address. We also have the right to suspend or terminate the use of 48 services if we suspect you are using your 48 SIM in a gateway or similar devices.

• Advertisement

uh-oh, sounds like a clamp down on using the sims in routers might be on the way. I wonder how they can "suspect"a sim is being used in one? Would a complete lack of voice calls & text messages trigger it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Oh was this only targeted at the €7.99 plan? I typically use whatsapp for calls and text so it doesn't effect me, I hope they don't reduce the data allowance next.

a reduction in usage allowance could be on the way as they cannot increase the sub anymore in the current market.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

I'll be interested to see if 48 now start to offer 4G while roaming after the EU regulation came into effect today.

There is a thread already on this over on 48.ie https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/4g-roaming-new-EU-regulation-1-July-2022/m-p/57977

I would imagine it will depend on when proximus.be implement it seeing that they look after roaming for 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

If anyone has a €7.99 sim that they're not using, I'd buy it from you please for a friend.

Thanks.

If it's still active,that is.Well past the 90 day expiry limit for a topup.I'm in the market for a e7.99 sim too,if available.

Wasnt the 7.99 deal sold by them as "for life"? At least thats the way I remember it so they can't increase the price beyond that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Does data roaming not work in Germany ?

Post edited by cullenswood on

price unaffected

• Advertisement
Advertisement