Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham and Nathan leave Spin 1038

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dom the chemist

They had also been doing bank holiday fill-ins on Today FM but I don't know if it was still going on recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I can't remember them doing any since February or March. I did hear Peter Collins filling in on Today FM last week in the evenings though and also over the last bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Really strange and abrupt one...they had just started a new podcast with GoLoud recently and hadn't seemed like they planned going anywhere with Graham tweeting a link promoting an interview on Newstalk Monday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dom the chemist

I wonder is the plan to have just one breakfast show on both Spin 1038 & Spin South West?

I hope not. I would rather they keep Graham and Nathan and put them on both stations than use the other Fully Charged

It looks like a Chris and Ciara situation though because nobody is talking about what happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Muller1991

I wonder could they be heading off to RTE as replacements for Chris and Ciara ? Or because 2FM is a bit of a sinking ship at the moment maybe they where poached to increase the Dublin audience. I could see them do a version of Fully charged / Zoo Crew in the evenings on 2FM.

That would be interesting! I would say 2fm is the most likely option because there’s nowhere else for them to go really?

It wouldn’t make sense for them to move to Fm104, Q102 or any other Dublin stations because they did cover on Today FM and you would think they would stay at Spin to at least keep their foot in the door.

Or maybe a move to tv is on the cards? I’ve seen one of them on Virgin Media shows a few times as a contributor

Its possible a TV move could be on the cards but then again most Radio presenters especially anyone in Bauer would be regular contributors to TV. Pamela Joyce ,Suzanne Kane and Ray Foley all pop up now and again on Ireland AM or the Six O Clock show, Its fantastic to see.

As for the lads moving to another station outside of the Bauer group, 2FM is the only reasonable option. I'm sure they are more than likely on gardening leave at the moment. Id expect to hear something in the next month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Was one of them covering Jessica Maciel today on Today FM. Was flicking through, sounded like one of them.

That was Ed and Valerie from Spin South West’s Fully Charged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Bib

Word from Marconi is they have left to follow their old boss over to fm104 for breakfast. What happens to the guys on 104?

If that's the case its a very strange move, I would be of the impression that Jim Jim and Nobby where untouchable at FM104. Altough having said that i havent really listened to the station since Adrian and Jeremy left and thats almost 10 years ago. Also I'd be fairly certain that the likes of Spin, 98fm, Nova, Classic Hits and FM104'S Sister station Q102 have a better market share than them.

The Bauer group has room for them to grow by moving to 98 fm or Today fm. And as someone else said, they had a podcast there and Graham was on Newstalk a lot.

Them choosing to leave all that behind for Fm 104’s breakfast makes no sense because they would have less opportunities.

Spin changed their schedule from having one presenter 10-3 and another 3-7 and added a show that’s 1-4pm so I wonder if Fm 104 will take hours off of Emma Nolan and Ben Murray and give them to Graham and Nathan for an afternoon show?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I stand corrected but I thought that FM104 had a better market share than 98FM, and probably Q102. They definitely have a better market share than Classic Hits in Dublin and probably Radio Nova.

Advertisement