Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Boys channel 4

• 29-05-2022 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,808 ✭✭✭✭

New show featuring the wee English fella from Derry girls.

Watched first episode really enjoyable!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭cozar

Watched all episodes (they are very short 20/25mins). loved every episode, funny and quite sad at times also. only seen a few derry girls episodes but i reckon he's better in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dylan Llewellyn looks very like Matthew Morrison from Glee

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭delboy85

I watched the first three episodes this evening. Loved it. Thought it was great. Will watch the remaining three tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,808 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Finished the 6 episodes.

Absolutely excellent little series not getting half the attention it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Second that, flew through it and no weak episodes from what I can remember.

Has built up well to complete a 2nd and 3rd series hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Big Boys season 2 starts on Channel 4 on Sunday 14th of January at 10pm with two new episodes

Seemingly it is available already if you pay for channel 4 (the app so no ads and early access to some shows)...I am tempted but can wait for Sunday, just finished rewatch of season 1, even better than I remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'll be honest - didn't find season 2 quite as good as season 1.. but still very good!

But Jack Rooke is a brilliant writer nonetheless, and the cast are all absolutely superb - although Jon Pointing is particularly excellent throughout.

End of the series was touching, but did feel a bit final unfortunately.

Watched episode 1 of season 2, loved it very funny.

I guess it will have a shelf life..maybe one more season...hopefully.

Possible spoiler for real life story.

I think Jack said the Danny character is at least is based on a friend who sadly commited suicide in real life.

Loved season 2.

Had me in stitches and tears.

One more season please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭squonk

Just finished both seasons. Liked it overall. I thought season 2 was a bit stronger probably because the characters were established by then. Last episode was terrible though. Shannon turned until a really annoying character. Less was more with her.

Advertisement