Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charmed (2018)

• 17-05-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭

The Charmed reboot starts on the CW this Autumn on Sunday nights. The original show was a guilty pleasure of mine when it was on - I watched it all.

The new trailer came out today and I'm not sure about it.

I'll give it a go and see what it's like anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So they're skipping right over Shannen and moving on to the sister they didn't know about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

No Alyssa Milano, No dice !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So they're skipping right over Shannen and moving on to the sister they didn't know about

Isn't that how they found out about Paige when Prue left/died
    Afaik Shannen is going thru chemo at the moment?

I don't think she'll be coming back, considering that's the 2nd Spelling show she got fired from?

Mr E wrote: »
    The Charmed reboot starts on the CW this Autumn on Sunday nights. The original show was a guilty pleasure of mine when it was on - I watched it all.

The new trailer came out today and I'm not sure about it.

I'll give it a go and see what it's like anyway.

Afaik it's gonna be paired up with Supergirl on Sundays?

Btw who are the actors there, some look familiar?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

They have a Giles aswell?

• Advertisement

Isn't that how they found out about Paige when Prue left/died
    Afaik Shannen is going thru chemo at the moment?

I don't think she'll be coming back, considering that's the 2nd Spelling show she got fired from?

That's what i mean. In the original they started with 3 but in this they have 2 with 1 to be found like Paige.
    And none of the original 3 will be in it since it seems they weren't happy with the remake happening

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Holly doesn't seem impressed with it anyway.

https://twitter.com/H_Combs/status/999007121239826433

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

why make a terrible Remake of an already terrible series?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's what i mean. In the original they started with 3 but in this they have 2 with 1 to be found like Paige.
    And none of the original 3 will be in it since it seems they weren't happy with the remake happening

Isn't it unfortunate, for these 3 not even to be mentioned, let alone find another show afaik, i mean i haven't seen Alyssa Milano in anything:P as Rose McGowan is on another path at the moment.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

But I will never understand what is fierce, funny, or feminist in creating a show that basically says the original actresses are too old to do a job they did 12 years ago

It's far more likely that the CW saw more value in a reboot than trying to wrangle a show with 8 years of history that went off the air 12 years ago. Especially when the show was allowed to wrap up it's story and give a proper ending.

I know she wants her Charmed to return, but she can't just blame it on ageism like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭corkie

Seems okay but lacking the CHARM and MAGIC of the original series.

First episode seems a bit rushed, they should have had a double episode opener to introduce the characters better and for them to learn the craft. Good CGI involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

2 episodes in and it's OK. It's definitely watchable.

However, if the original series fans have their way, I find it hard to see it getting past it's 13th episode. :)
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6394324/reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Couldn't stick with this - found it bland.

I was actually a fan of the original, but maybe that was just younger me whose tastes have changed in the 10 or more previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

I can't take this reboot seriously. The acting is weak, and just feels like a different show.

I've really warmed to this show. There have been a few patchy episodes, but episode 16 was fantastic.
    It felt like a season finale, but there are still 6 to go.

It was also renewed for a second season.

Anyone else watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    I've really warmed to this show. There have been a few patchy episodes, but episode 16 was fantastic.
    It felt like a season finale, but there are still 6 to go.

It was also renewed for a second season.

Anyone else watching?

Yep, I’m still watching it, totally agree on episode 16. It was also announced that it will have new show runners next season and will focus less on the family drama and more on the supernatural stuff

3 years since the last post in this thread. Yikes. 🙂

Well it's finished. The season 4 finale was last night. The whole season was great, and the last 3 episodes especially. It really ended strong.

The very last scene put a big smile on my face (a very slight cliffhanger that brought the story full circle).

If you're curious, the last scene is here:

Never bothered watching this series. Though I also never watched any of the later seasons of the original with Kaley Cuoco. Apart for the house in that clip, did any of the original cast have a cameo?

Seems the non Superhero CW shows get very little activity here. Like was looking for the Nancy Drew thread here to say something about the new Tom Swift series. It has 17 posts in it.

Funnily enough, what I was going to say about Tom Swift can be tied to this as I was just looking up Charmed on usual sources and it and Tom Swift aren't even getting much attention from rippers. There are no rips of either show that don't have the CW logo.

• Advertisement

No cameos, unfortunately. Would have been interesting to see what they did with a fifth season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah the Kung Fu thread here gets very little activity too even though it's a great show. Even shows like The Flash and Superman and Lois are getting less traffic here too even though they had episodes this week. I think The CW just doesn't have as great shows as they used to a few years ago. Regarding Charmed, I gave up watching midway through season 3 as just felt it was going nowhere.

Yep. I nearly feel guilty posting in them as it feels like I'm dragging up a dead thread. Forgot there was even a Kung Fu thread. I remember there were a couple where I was pretty much just talking to myself.

Must try and dig them all up to see if can breathe life into them. 

😀

I see tvline have an interview where they said they would see who they could get for season 5.

I think Holly Marie Combs said before that she wouldn't do it or something about how she was annoyed they did the reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There was always going to be strong pushback from the fanbase and cast of the original, alike, and it is very much in the category of why bother doing it. One could understand if the original had been say a short-lived moderately popular 1980s show but not one that finished in 2006, is still in circulation and continues to be very popular. This version never got the numbers and looks very like a network's attempt to recycle previously successful formulas to mask their own lack of new ideas.

What? CW would never remake/reboot a series.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go watch Walker, 4400, Roswell, Dynasty, 90210 and The Tomorrow People.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Only one of those was worth watching, the remake of the oldest of them! The others weren't that hot the first time around anyway!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You are largely talking about shows that haven’t been picked up here. They are not being watched because people can’t watch them unless they go out of their way to do so by “other methods”.

The average TV viewer on the street in Ireland doesn’t know what The CW is never mind what show airs on it at 8 ET on a Wednesday (7 central). They watch channels like RTE, Virgin, BBC, Sky etc.

Advertisement