Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My 10kWh LiFePO4 is for sale

• 08-06-2022 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭

Mods, if this is not allowed, please delete. I thought I'd give the forum members a heads up as these cells are very popular and someone might want to buy them at a bit of a discount from the current pricing and not have to wait the guts of 3 months to get them from China. Got my new 32 cells yesterday, so these will have to go

Best of the best, grade A CALB cells from the only reliable and trustworthy seller in China, PWOD official store. 200Ah. Have all the nuts and bolts, but will be short on busbars, you can buy these cheaply or easily make them yourself by hammering a bit of copper piping flat and drilling holes in it.

Just over 1 year old, any test welcome. I'm in Lucan, PM me if you are interested. I'm looking for €1600

Post edited by unkel on

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I have a sofar me3000sp for sale too perfect condition, 1 yr old, everything for it. + A sofar2mqtt logger too.

€700 and I'm in Donegal

All youd need is a seplos and you'll be up and running.

(Can be run in default mode without a bms, but it's a bit of a pain)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

All the cells out now and after resting for an hour, every single one measures 3.29V. That's after having been run with no BMS for a year (but voltage checked once in a while). These cells are top class. And BMS are overrated.

I bought 3 Pylontechs yesterday (for cheap). All of them have severely bloated packs of pouch cells. In fact out of the 9 internal packs in total, only 1 was not bloated at all, 6 were mildly bloated and 2 were grossly obese. So much for "quality" top tier rated pre made fancy overpriced batteries and their BMS systems (that obviously failed miserably in their job). These CALB A rated cells are your only man. Best BMS is the one between your ears.

Post edited by unkel on

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sir Liamalot

Hi Unkel!

🤩

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Sold to Sir Liamalot 😁

Good to see you are still around man!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sir Liamalot

It was that or at least ¾ ton of lead for the 14kVA set I'm building.

I think temperature issues will have to be dealt with because it's a truck mount and the payload capacity of lead isn't very green in a mobile application.

I'm building frequency controlled decentralised mini-grids. Currently flying 6.5kW PV. 2.5kWp AC Coupled & 4 kWp DC Coupled. 5kWh lead & 4.5kWh LFP harmonised on standalone sets. Off-grid-tied...it's a new style of electrical engineering with the basic principles of grid tie everything built from second hand ebay bargains.

My lecky import since daylight saving time ended is ~1kWh per day with my oversupply being donated to the network.

I wonder where to put temperature sensors on those. The thermally conductive aluminium cases are pretty handy for response time...lighter too.

I try to avoid putting temp sensors on the cable lugs. I run my cables hot...hard not to at 600A....my fuses need heat sinks.

Thanks for the bricks Unkel. See you soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Me3000 is sold.

Advertisement