Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommendations for converting Bike to Ebike

Options
  • 07-06-2022 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

I've got a bike with dynamo hub at front. It's an 8 speed aluminium frame and I'm looking to convert it to an ebike. Is there anyone in Ireland you'd recommend do this for me? I'm in the North East Dundalk area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

There's myebike in Dublin, but I can't vouch for them. Only at the investigating stage and not ready to commit!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭8valve

Damien, trading as Extreme E-bikes Ireland gets good reviews from customers.

He does everything from standard 250w conversions to 'sweet mother of the seven snotty orphans' monster power kits, strictly for offroad use.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭The Darkroom

Thank you. I'm nervous about upgrading and people keep telling me to buy a brand new ebike because there's issues with the DIY stuff including the warranty which only lasts a few months. I don't know. I'm thinking about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭getoutadodge

I gave a review of the Yose kit in a previous thread. Check it out. So far so good..after one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ferris

Do some research on endless sphere or pedelecs.co.uk. Has your bike got a gear hub or derailleur? I take it that you would like to keep the dynamo but there are options to power your lights off whatever system you choose.

The simplest conversion is to simply fit a front hub motor, this would be DIY friendly with good guidance. The bafang g370 would be a good choice for that as its small and light but still gives good assistance.

If you go DIY, conversion kits are easily sourced from companies like PSW power or http://www.topbikekit.com/. Another company is Woosh in the UK, bit more expensive than china sourced parts but they are good for customer service apparently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement