Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No Experience for Work

• 20-05-2022 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I'm currently finding it extremely difficult to find work.

This month alone, I have had so many rejections from jobs that I am well qualified to do.

My only downfall is my lack of hands on experience. I am currently on a C.E scheme. I can honestly say that over these past 3 or so years on this scheme, I have learned very little new skills in the placement. Most skills, basic typing, use of Word, Excel, I would already have used during my time in college.

I am supposed to be doing 19.5 hours a week on the scheme, and truth be told, I have never had more than 8 hours a week of work. Most days I am told there is no work for me to do. I have taken up a number of temp jobs to compensate for my lack of experience gained in the scheme.

Getting permanent work is next to impossible. I am always told I have not enough experience, and rejected. I have no way of truly getting experience.

I am considering approaching some offices offering to work voluntarily to gain hands on experience. I don't know how much luck I will have with this idea.

Is this advisable?

Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement