Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

• 01-06-2022 11:03am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭

a cool start to the first morning of summer but at least it's sunny after a very wet day yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yeah we still have the NW wind blowing. I forsee a Summer of many days of NW or N winds . 14 or 15c n sunny here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Temperatures generally 11 to 13C across the country, a bit warmer in the south-west. Hard to believe it's the first day of summer with temperatures very dissapointing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well fe&k it I'm wearing my summer dresses(ok with a coat over them🤣)whether the weather agrees or not.

It's actually lovely in NCD, loads of sunshine so feels warmer than temperatures suggest.

Thankfully not too windy here pauldry.

I have my very scientific measurement of my dress not blowing too much in wind today.

Well it turned into a stunner of a day in Dublin.

The barbecue is on, and relaxing in the sun.

I think it said only hit 16 but in that sun it easily feels like 20 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Gorgeous day North Wicklow. Blue skies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

What should it be like Sunday in Dublin?

I am going to a festival and don't want to be dancing in the rain?

So far it looks like no rain in Dublin on Suunday, but you know yourself that forecast could change in 5 mins with Met Eireann🙄.

It is looking like the windy weather will be back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

Cheers thanks.

Accuweather was saying rain on Sunday in Dublin city but I don't know how reliable that would be.

Wind doesn't bother me as I will be looking resplendent in my yellow session parka.

As long as I don't have to break out my matching wellingtons I will be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Lovely day yesterday and pleasant in the sun. Even the wind behaved itself yesterday. You can still feel the coolness in the shade or when a cloud covered the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Glorious start to the day though looking at the satellite images that may be short lived here in Dublin.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

A stunner of a morning here in NCD.

This is unreal, although I think the clouds are due later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain and cold. We had the heating on for a wee while this morning.

Leitrim

Wow - not good.

Next week looking like the west will have a few sunny days at the start of the week with highs of mid to late teens - rain forecast for later in the week though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a cloudy start to the day here in Meath and currently dry, however there is plenty of rain on the way over the coming few hours and into tomorrow with a dryer interude over the weekend and back into unsettled conditions for next week. Overall we are looking at a fairly unsettled pattern for June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yesterday will count as 1 good day of Summer 2022 in Sligo. 18c and 10hrs of sun. Today won't. 12c and raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,678 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

RTE has a high of 10c for Dublin on Sunday lol

yep, this weekend is going to be chilly, particularly for eastern and southern areas on Sunday and Monday. The summer forecasts are starting to appear now and they are not good. A mixed summer overall with rain never far away and dry days to be relatively limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Despite a wet forecast its dry here in Castlebar and brightening up from the west

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭highdef

Up till a couple of days ago, both Saturday and Sunday were looking rather pleasant with plenty of sunshine and temperatures close to 20° but a bit cooler in eastern areas. Whilst Saturday is looking like being OK in most parts of the country (mild to quite warm in the western third), Sunday is looking poor or very poor in many areas, particularly the southern half/two thirds of the country with temperatures in most places in low double digits.

I’ve been “predicting” a bad Summer these last few years- we had one in the late 2000s I think where it rained pretty much every day for 3 months - we get these on average once a decade so we’re over due at this stage- summers go the last number of years haven’t been too bad compared to what we could get and have got inthe past- I’m not hopeful at all about summer 2022 - a very cold dull May and a bad start to June- at least the LC students will be happy 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Lovely start to the day but the cloud has rolled in now and gone noticeably cooler. The very south coast is clear and I can see it teasing me from my house. East Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭pad199207

Absolutely glorious day in S Wexford. Feeling nice and mild too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,678 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I think it was actually one of the warmest Mays on record no?

RTE farming forecast last Sunday was way off. Still can’t say what Sunday will be like. They do be very slow to backtrack after predicting good weather. Lots of silage still waiting to be made.

Well the sunshine didn't last in Dublin.

It has also gotten noticeable cooler as the day has gone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Noctilucent Cloud season started early this year. 3am on the Waterford Coast, was more to the north east than usual. Got down to about 4/5 degrees last night with a just breath of of breeze. There was about 30 minutes or so where the glow of the sun was not too bright on the horizon and the milkyway was a bit clearer. No true night now and Skylarks singing all night long.

This year? 2022? Couldn’t be- I’d be normally in sandals and shorts at this point but only wore them a few times throughout May - there were some real cold days there and not a lot of very warm ones either- last Saturday was the first time I got a bit of good sun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just an update. It's rained all day and is still raining.

somehow i've managed to avoid the rain all day even tho heavy rain has never looked more than 10 miles away on the radar since early this morning.

• Advertisement

Yep, still no rain here in NCD even though it was meant to arrive this afternoon.

Advertisement