Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

1484950515254»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

The Harleys should be your first choice! They are incredible - they play the Mezz every Wednesday at midnight and rock the holy f*ck out of the place.

Yeah they're also very good. Saw them at 2 weddings. At one they played a pretty generic wedding set list, but at the other they played lots of rock stuff as that's what the couple wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

https://www.pumpedupkicks.ie
    Another to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shar1445

Hi,

I am looking for a 2 or 3 piece band as venue is small. Getting married in Limerick on 2nd August 2019.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Has anyone ever had karaoke at their wedding?

I got a recommendation of one dj but I've contacted him three times in three ways and haven't heard back. ☹ Any wisdom would be welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

fonpokno wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had karaoke at their wedding?

I got a recommendation of one dj but I've contacted him three times in three ways and haven't heard back. ☹ Any wisdom would be welcome!

In my experience it wouldn't be common. Look elsewhere if a vendor is like this for comms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 pb2

Hi,

looking for reccomendations for church/reception music for the Athlone area.
    Acoustic preferably one or two piece. Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Hi all, looking for a band to play at a small venue in Cork for pre Reception music, looking for a nice mix that includes a bit of trad. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭citygal93

Hi - has anyone seen Jaker or can recommend someone similar to them? Am looking for a small enough band that are in touch with today's music!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

citygal93 wrote: »
    Hi - has anyone seen Jaker or can recommend someone similar to them? Am looking for a small enough band that are in touch with today's music!

We went to see them at a showcase about 2 years ago. They were good but we went with a different band, A Few Good Men, in the end. Definitely see them live if possible. I'd recommend seeing any band you're considering live as, similiar to everything else, you just get feel for the right one for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

https://www.weddingsonline.ie/suppliers/wicklow-wedding-djs

Check us out on wicklow wedding dj's on weddings online , only new to weddingsonline but over 10 years experiance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

If anyone is in the need for a reasonably priced band that will blow the roof off the place with how much fund and entertaining they are then look in to Phil 'n the Blanks - based in Killarney but travel most places by all accounts.

We had them at our wedding in June in the Lyrath and I can't count the number of people who came to us to say they were the best band they'd ever seen. Literally had the floor packed from song one to the end.

Eleanor, the singer, is such a performer. She was even up dancing on tables!! People might not like that but it was so inclusive and fun it just encouraged everyone to get up and dance!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Helenawalsh, your post was deleted for violating the charter, specifically:
    If you want to post a recommendation, criticism or review of a wedding related business, you must have either:

a MINIMUM of 20 posts
    OR be an active member of Boards.ie for OVER 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Anyone ever booked Catch 22? Also looking for a rock style band for wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

Hi looking for recommendations for band/dj/secular ceromony singers for cork based wedding.

Looking for a band with mix of old and modern music, will be a mix of ages at wedding.

For ceromony singer looking for someone to sing more modern music, thinking more irish/alternative music, no ed sheerhan 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

Hi,

We are looking for a band for a wedding in Adare on 4th December 2021 (optimistic!).

We would both have quite indie/Britpop tastes, Radiohead, Depeche Mode, Blur, Oasis, pixies (both in our 40s). But would need a few wedding favorites also.

Anyone got a good recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hi,

We are looking for a band for a wedding in Adare on 4th December 2021 (optimistic!).

We would both have quite indie/Britpop tastes, Radiohead, Depeche Mode, Blur, Oasis, pixies (both in our 40s). But would need a few wedding favorites also.

Anyone got a good recommendations?

Beatclub are yer men. All bases covered including most of the above and are all excellent musicians.
    www.beatclub.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: mmanners, your post has been deleted as it was a breach of our charter, specifically this section:
    If you want to post a recommendation, criticism or review of a wedding related business, you must have either:

a MINIMUM of 20 posts
    OR be an active member of Boards.ie for OVER 2 months

Please read the forum charter before posting again, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭SimpleDimple

Hi, I'm not sure if this thread is still active or not? But we're getting married in Cork on Sep 24th 2022.

We are looking for civil ceremony and drinks reception music, we are thinking a guy with guitar but happy for PM's from anyone else who might be free on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Active? Anyone book Morecowbell?? Reviews?

Advertisement