Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to Glasnevin

• 19-05-2022 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All -

First time posting & needing some serious advice! We are a family of 5 (kids aged 15,10&4) & my husband has been offered a promotion with his current company - they are just branching out in Ireland starting with Dublin. My husband been offered a depot in Glasnevin and we will need to rent a house first before buying. So we have looked and look at areas on Google and lots of blogs - we really liked the Maynooth / Lucan area but after research on here the commute sounds awful! What areas out with the actual city maybe make the commute to Glasnevin easier? We know it will be busy where every we live at it is a busy city but any advice on area will be greatly appreciated? Also any tips on renting and getting to view a property as we are search daft multiple times a day contacting the estate agents listed on Ads but very very few even acknowledge.

This promotion will literally change our lives so much for the better but everything relies on finding somewhere to live & it’s proving SO difficult even with great job offer and great references from landlords.

Many thanks in advance 😊🤞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

Have a look at Swords, Malahide Ashbourne and Dunboyne maybe even Donabate, lusk and rush

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

Rathoath and Ashbourne are decent satellite towns that are very commutable him Glasnevin. I'd completely avoid any commute that brings you on to the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Am I missing something? Why not live in Glasnevin? It is a very nice area in parts and Drumcondra is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

I'd imagine because the starting price for a 3 bed is circa 2,500 p/m and that's if you can find one to rent in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭handlemaster

• Advertisement
Advertisement