Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A shop with Fiido with assembly

• 31-05-2022 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi I have some question and I am sorry if they are stupid

I want to buy a fiido bike with a budget of 800 or so but need to have assembly included from the shop I buy it from between navan and dublin what shop should I be looking at as all the online vendors are making this journey so hard

I won't be going up to a m1 but is anyone around 800 possible to go slightly faster than 25km per hour

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you can go faster than 25km/h if you pedal fast enough; but if you want a bike with a motor that can exceed that on motor power alone, that's a moped.

also, fiidos don't seem to have a great reputation for reliability, from what i've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭utmbuilder

Any other make on a shop floor I should be looking at I like the idea of a folding bike

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what's the intended use? work commute?

do you prefer a folding bike because of storage issues where you live? or is it because you want to take it onto public transport, etc.?

It's for cycles out for an hour or two on a nice day to clear my head. The folding appealed to be as if I ever brought the car to Spain on the ferry the bike could be in the boot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

There's basically no assembly required with the D4S. I think you just screw on the pedals. The original one can be unlocked to go about 33km/h

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Are they even technically a pedelec, even if they are limited?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

AFAIK they have a throttle, so no. But if Eamonn ever introduces his personal mobility legislation then they'll presumably fall under that (again, if they're limited to 25)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Yes, and that's a big potential gain that get's missed in the whole scooter debate. Opens up many more ebike options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

To answer your original question Green Machines in the Dublin Industrial Estate in Glasnevin offer sales and service of Fiido bikes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I think reliable bikes services then too

Thanks guys, I work with a big distributor who brings in some bikes I'd never be able to put together, so wanted a shop.

Basically he said to me what ever tax arrangement is in place the tax on ebikes coming into Ireland is on some insane system to protect local producers the taxation legislation was for washing machines or something back in the day

Appreciate the green machines link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

What local producers?

i wouldn't think the fiido would be the best bet for the sort of cycles you mentioned - probably grand for short hops, but (never having ridden one!) it might not be comfortable to sit on or ride for an hour or two at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Not sure what that distributor is on about. Ebikes tend to attract the standard rate of VAT across the EU - typically 19-25% with Ireland at 23%. If you look at some of the larger Europe-wide manufacturers / distributors, their RRP for particular models is the same across a variety of European countries, including Ireland. Where there is a difference, it perhaps €150 and is probably down to delivery charges in the case where the manufacturer sell direct to the end customer.

The EU are permitting ebikes to be zero rated for VAT from this year, though i believe it is up to individual countries as to how or if they implement that. It may have to wait until the autumn budget here before any VAT reduction.

Advertisement