Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giro Stage 21 - Verona to Verona (17.4km)

• 29-05-2022 1:40pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well just for completeness here is the final stage. All over bar the shouting (or accident). The only interest here, with all jerseys decided, is who wins. Affinini, Sobrero, Kelderman and MvdP are among the favourites but tiredness after 3 weeks will probably be a factor today. If MvdP wins after the Giro he has had then well done. Looks like Dodge has the velogames wrapped up so gets bragging rights. My worst performer was De La Cruz on 40 points. Don't know what he was at this Giro. Thought he might feature in the mountains but there you go. My best performer was Demare on 1305 points.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Wiggins - Sobrero not taking the corners well. Sobrero - beats the intermediate time by over 40 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Had a sneaky punt on Kelderman to top 3 this stage, so of course he takes it handy, 1+min down at the first time check.

Arensman looking like he's in the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Hatch really laying the " Romeo and Juliet " analogies on thickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Really delighted for Hindley, well deserved winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Hate the way Rob hatch goes on about Landa as some sort of powerhouse of cycling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Fair play @mewso for all the stage threads!

I didn't get to follow this year as closely as I would have liked but enjoyed what I saw all the same. Really interesting to see this new GC focus from Bora, they seem to be having a great season all round but this was particularly impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

They've quietly built a super team, all they needed to do was get rid of Sagan and his entourage.

Out: Sagan, Other Sagan, Oss, Bodnar, Ackermann

In: Bennett, Mullen, Van Poppel, Hindley, Kelderman, Higuita, Vlasov, Pollitt, Haller

Not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Only watched the highlights from yesterday this morning - I'd say he could've been a lot closer to Carapaz even in the TT. He was obviously being cautious on the last few cobbled sections (staying out of the ski's) rather than going all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

True, but they will have a team selection issue for GTs in the future. Are they bringing a yellow jersey or green jersey squad? I don't think they can support both goals fully - few teams ever have, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

With WVA going for green this year and Sam's form being so sketchy I'd be surprised if Bora go heavily in for green tbh. I'd be delighted with 1 stage win for him but don't really see that happening unless there's a major improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Green wasn't even the QS plan for Sam, until it was - it was largely the relegation that made it realistic.

At the same time, notwithstanding they had 5th last year, I'm not sure winning the Tour is realistic for anyone from Bora this year. Even this Giro, they were happy enough to send people up the road, and not just as satellites, so I wouldn't be convinced they'll ever go all in for GC. And the Tour is a bit as well different in tending to require a few rouleurs, more so than the other GT's, who can double up for Sam too.

Advertisement