Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Danielson vs. Sydal was fantastic top class pro wrestling.

Brilliant from the Bucks in cosplay with the move set as well

Gangrel :)

Cutler as Lita :)

The Ass Boys and The Acclaimed shouldn't work but the do.

Dante is special

Statlander vs. Soho was really good.

Soho vs. Britt is is then.

Crowd turning on Soho.

Statlander is some athlete

Another great hour of wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Just catching up on Dynamite. Jaysus the security guard front and to the right looked off his tits hahahaha! Cage match was grand, bit of craic, could have been the main event, seeing as it's the main story they've had going for months.

Christ... fireball Jericho.. because I'm a wizzard.. at least it was kinda funny.

Punk.. uugh just not ticking the boxes anymore. Page has never been the same since he stopped drinking. The build has been brutal, this promo here has been the best thing about it. Still rooting for cowboy.

Regal.. he's great. He's doing some of his best work in this role. Honestly, his career was bang average someone needs to call him out on that at some point in this BCC run.

FTR grand match, wish the Briscoes got signed so we all could see them go again, maybe down the line somewhere. New Japan boys made a **** of that.. botch central hahaha!

Ricky Starks is over with me, he's the best of the under card. He always gives it socks. The 3 way was easily my favourite match. Aubrey was more reserved, thank Christ!

Thunder rosa... thunder fallsa, awkward.. she upped the Mexican by 50% half way through. This promo wasn't half as bad as the one a few weeks ago.. until the music started.

Baker vs Storm, not a bad match. The finish tho...

Kyle is great, think he could have a good match with anyone. Joe looks beat up, he's gassed after 5 mins.

Gonna have a quick scan of rampage. Build for the ppv has been poor. Wonder has the focus been lost with the New Japan deal. Hopefully they'll put on a good show and the Forbidden Door gets a decent build.

Another side note, feel bad for Excalibur having to carry both JR and Tony, every week. JR has gotten better IMO, but Tony just melts my head, plus the hack of your mullet pal! Haha!

Put Brian Danielson in the main event, and get Omega back asap. Miro should be there or thereabouts by now too. And Darby... he's after getting shafted, after MJF he's the most over guy AEW have since they started. Would like to see him get a few wins and push for the title.

• Advertisement

Going to be a long one!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

“Scissor me, Daddy Ass!” might be the single greatest line ever delivered in professional wrestling 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

I love the Acclaimed but didn't like the Ass Boys, this is a great pairing though, loving their segments so far. Last week's promo was amazing. Loved everything about the Young Bucks/Hardys as well, so much fun. Even if the Hardys are a bit past it, I hope the match delivers.

Feel bad for Ruby. They picked the wrong time to back her, wonder if they'll lean into it and turn her. Soho/Britt is sort of the least interesting pairing out of the final four for me. Would like to have seen Statlander get a moment but wouldn't surprise me if she was going to be set up as a contender for the TBS championship. Please for the love of God don't give us Owen Hart winners Adam Cole and Britt Baker being an obnoxious couple.

On a DoN note, the card is way too long and some of the matches have no place on the PPV. 12 matches on the main card at the moment, I'm sure some will go to the Buy-In and I know they're trying to avoid conflicting with Game 7 but Jesus, considering the PPV hasn't been built to as well as their past efforts putting this many matches on is crazy. I think the lack of variety and length might hurt the show for me. Preferred when they had a tight 10 match card. Looking forward to it all the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Please for the love of God don't give us Owen Hart winners Adam Cole and Britt Baker being an obnoxious couple.

Britt and Adam hamming it up with their trophy's as the Owen Hart winners would be a brilliant nod to Owens slammy award wins, but it would also mean seeing them on my TV every week so I'm against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

There's already one too many obnoxious couples stinking the place out.

• Advertisement

John Morrison showed up again at the dark tapings last night. What a feckin pointless signing if he ends up getting a contract. Feels like a real TNA signing from back in the day, just signing an ex WWE for the sake of it. Would rather see the likes of Ethan Page, Starks and Takeshita get more TV time in the next few months rather than signing someone like Morrison and him being on TV regularly.

Dark taping spoiler from last night.

I'd like to see Cole go face for once. Bored of Undisputed era 2.0 in AEW. They bored me in NXT and it's the same now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Time to start adding another few PPV events I think, each column of that card would make a good monthly PPV on it's own. Putting it all on at once just dilutes my interest in most of it

Yeah crowd is going to be dead by the last few matches. Khan delaying the main event for the basketball to end will make it worse if it happens.

6 PPVS Should be the minimum. It wouldn't be as bad if battle of the belts wasn't a load of shite. A 2 hour TV special on a Saturday every few months (with important matches and not the crap served up at BOTBs) would have helped.

Meant to say as well that Khan made a balls of the whole womens tournament with the way he booked it. He has Ruby getting booed now and he should have just went the predictable route of something like Storm Vs Hayter rather than having it in the first round.

Statlander looked great last night though I have to say. Really good match.

Tay & Sammy getting death threats.

If I was them I would scared living in a Country that has so many mass murders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I know I give out about them but that's f'ed up. Hopefully the cops are keeping an eye on him but probably not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What a lunatic..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tony really did bad by Ruby in that last night. That match is going to get shat on Sunday too. It's the least interesting of the options they had for the final (Statlander Vs Storm would have been great). With Statlanders promo last night and the reaction they got, they should have audibled as her not winning it was a bad move.

As others said too, that card is stupidly too much. I think 10 matches in 4 hours was a lot and audience tended to drop for some of the matches but 12 is taking the piss a bit and several of those matches will really suffer. The buy in show match is actually one of the more over matches there (Khan said that's the only buy in show match too).

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lita has really let her self go

• Advertisement

47 talent on the main show 50 if you include managers and 4 on the pre show.

And so much talent not making it on either.

Tony needs to get ROH up and running and split the bottom half of the AEW roster with one or two bigger names from AEW into ROH to give it a fighing chance.

He also needs to give someone else the creatve of ROH and just have himself as sign off on that creative.

So, there seems to have been a story overnight that MJF no-showed a fan fest signing, and went radio silent on AEW. The journalists are linking it to contract disputes, and basically saying MJF is threatening to no-show Double or Nothing too.

Crazy story. There was speculation that he booked a flight out of Las Vegas but seemingly has not gotten on the flight. So we don't know where we stand.

Some people are obviously going to shout work, if it is a work it's an incredibly dumb one but I don't think it is. Very interesting situation though, if MJF wants out of AEW then going about it this way will do him no favours (unless he already has a shady contract breaking assurance that WWE will pick him up) I'm not sure any company would be happy to pick up someone who walked out of their last company the day before a major PPV and certainly his peers wouldn't be happy about him not putting over Wardlow.

Gonna be interesting to see what Tony does as this can set a precedent. He can't indulge or condone this behviour but does he let MJF out of his contract? If he doesn't then he runs the risk of being exactly like WWE which is bad for optics. Bryan Alvarez has said that lately a lot more people have been open to leaving AEW if the money was right after seeing how Cody got on, which is exactly why WWE picked him up and MJF and Cody are seemingly pretty tight. Shame too cause the MJF/Wardlow match was the most built-up on the card and now it's in question.

It would be a massive shame if MJF, who can't really complain about creative when he's always a major focal point of shows and well on track towards a good main event run, absolutely tanks his stock with fans by holding the Wardlow match hostage. Unlike Sasha and Naomi, this seems to be MJF making a power play to get more money. And, honestly, I don't think he has half the leverage as Cody would in WWE; Cody had the whole return story, family story, etc. MJF is just a young lad who can talk.

Having spent two years building up the match tonight, it's going to be frustrating if he tanks it purposefully. I don't believe this is a work at all (it would be a shockingly stupid one if it was). Wardlow vs MJF was easily the best story they've been telling in recent weeks imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Very unprofessional and puts a damper of Wardlow's biggest night of his career

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's obviously a work to drum up some on the day interest in the PPV. They'll get a few extra buys from people thinking "Will he show up?"

Why would he walk out when he can see Sasha Banks currently being frozen out for a walkout? WWE would be his money destination so how does doing a walkout of his own strengthen any position with them? What's he gonna do, go to TNA?

This is fun drama over the last month but it is going to be extremely played out shortly since he has 18-24 months left.

With the basketball going head to head with Double or Nothing I can see it running 5 hours long myself and that might be part of the reason they put on so many matches.

Ridiculous if he delays the main event for the basketball. It's not boxing where people only tune in for the main event. Surely if people are more interested in the basketball, they're going to just watch that and not buy the PPV. Why should all the people that have paid good money for the PPV have to wait around for basketball to end?

Yeah I don't get the logic either.

Firstly it's not like people can't have two screens going, as they often would at the height of sports season.

Secondly, I doubt anyone will pay the 50 bucks for the PPV just to watch some of the show when Game 7 is over. It's a big expense.

Finally, I don't think there's anyone so ignorant that they couldn't find a 'free' way of watching the PPV if they weren't willing to watch the show because basketball is on.

Seems like you're really just making it more of a drag for the people who are choosing you over basketball. It's an unfortunate clash but if you put on the best product I'm sure people will be more likely to seek it out.

• Advertisement

I was listening to a clip of Meltzer on YouTube and he suggested that if MJF doesn't show that they should try get Goldberg for 1 night and Wardlow beats him or put Wardlow in the world title match and have him win the title. WTF haha

Advertisement