Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last One: The Late Late Show-Friday 27th May 2022

• 26-05-2022 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Oh Joy! Oh Rapture! It's Hobbidy's birthday on Saturday! He's been remarkably quiet about it all week-no doubt any freebies which make their way to the brutalist Castle Montrosia will be nothing more than a happy coincidence.

Oh, and tonight's show will also mark sixty years of Ireland's flagship "entertainment" program.

The party kicks off with another actress I've never heard of. Who has probably been on multiple times already.

"(Jessie) Buckley has been taking Hollywood by storm with her Academy Award nominated turn in The Lost Daughter and highly praised roles in Judy and Wild Rose.

Now, the 32-year-old Irish star has made a critically acclaimed album with renowned singer-songwriter and record producer Bernard Butler, formerly of Britpop stars Suede and McAlmont and Butler.

They will join Ryan Tubridy to chat about how their love of the Kerry landscape brought them together and inspired their collaboration."

Next up, much backslapping and ego stroking as the Great and the Good gather to tell Ichabod how great he is. And get a bit of exposure for themselves...here we go.

Mario will chime in with some not at all scripted and totally spontaneous quick fire impressions

"Mario Rosenstock will channel his inner Christy Moore with a special song, while a group of musicians will join Tubridy to share their memories of appearing on the show over the years."

There may be? There MAY be? This sh1tshow is scripted down to the amount of times his nibs chuckles insincerely!

"Clannad’s Moya Brennan, Altan’s Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh, Christy Dignam and Billy McGuinness from Aslan are among those taking part, as well as Shobsy and Lyra. There may even be a special performance!"

"Miriam Mullins, Racheal Diyaolu, Catherine Corless, Rosanna Davison, Charlie Bird and Claire Bird will also be making appearances on the show."

"Plus, to wrap up the season (and another decade), there will be special segment celebrating the 60th birthday of the Late Late, with well wishes from past guests including Peter Kay, Imelda May, Cliff Richards, Michael Parkinson, Adam King, Conan O’Brien, Michael Flatley and Chris Hadfield."

Music by Dermot Kennedy (again).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Oops!

Thanks for the heads up.... I was nearly going to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It doesn't get any better week on week, does it?

Was Moya Brennan not on a few weeks back? They really are just repeating the same folk over and over now. Most if asked won't turn down the appearance money.

Time to put the show out of its misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Oops!

Further and further past the bottom of the barrel.....

Picking up on the thread title, is there any chance that this could really be the last one? Ever?

Surely, it would then be, “The Late, Late Late Show” 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

Dermot Kennedy must have squatters rights on the late late show dressing room now. He has been living there for at least 20 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

And Imelda May? I thought she had been cancelled for something. In fact I'm pretty sure 3 or 4 of the lineup have been cancelled in recent years. The Woke brigade will be spitting bile on twitter tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Imagine working for the late late show....

Think about those meetings they must have....."who can we get this week?"...

Answer..."Look back a few weeks ago, I still have their number...they'll do"....

RTE Know this show is on life support.... brain death has occurred.....they just wont turn off the machine and let it go....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 71,260 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Enjoy the final LLS of the season, suckers!

Off to see Alice Cooper and The Cult tonight in Manchester.

Ryan: ”So Alice, I must head into the darkness for a moment, If I may…you were beheaded on stage…that must have been AWFUL.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

No Twink?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the video greeting from peter kaye will be the strongest segment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭amlinopta

So many guests on the show tonight who have already been on in the recent past. Grasping at any anniversary opportunity to try and fill the time, with a dubious centenary of Irish football last week, 60 years of the Late Late tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Jesus wept the Base of the Barrel must be truly worn away at this stage.

The "Repeat, Repeat Show"

They may as well as do a video monologue of previous shows, Roll there again and again and again Colette 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Interesting to see Imelda May on the list, I thought she would be keeping a low profile after the recent Johnny Depp support Tweet kerfuffel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Jessie Buckley is a very talented actress and singer. Imagine that the tributes will be just short video clips. Sorry but will have to switch over elsewhere for Charlie Bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭StevenToast

RTE have taken the move to bin Claire Byrne Live.....they should do the same with Ryan Tubridy and change the LLS to something more relevant....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Best news all year, utter Tripe of a show 👏

• Registered Users Posts: 84,330 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 71,260 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“PLAY ‘SHE SELLS SANCTUARY’!!”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Goodness me. The bottom of the barrell has been scraped so much there's a hole in it. In fact it's scraped so much they've scraped a hole in the concrete underneath the barren, into the ground all the way to the centre of the earth's core.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Will Imelda May be zooming it in from the UK reciting some more of here shite poetry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I cannot stomach that woman. So pretentious and contrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Aww man you Lucky bastard, love the cult, enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

That opening montage was the highlight of the Late Late season.

Charlie Bird, Christy Dignam, Mario..the Late Late has become a parody of itself.

Flash your what Ryan🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 80,797 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Pádraig Flynn might make a surprise visit for old time sakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

All this looking back does is show it up for the **** fest it has become!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Peter Kay - does he still say Garlic Bread. ?

• Advertisement

He's not well I hear and anything he says couldn't be taken seriously 😛

Advertisement