Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭DvB

what a fabulous day out there today... such a shame i've to sit at my desk at home working whilst I listen to the kids playing outside. Hopefully I'll be able to finish up in an hour or so & get to go out & enjoy it.

Hard to believe we're just a month away from reaching the 100's in the countdown... only seems like a couple of weeks ago I was sat here working in January looking out at the cold dark skies!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BK5

A fabulous day it was, same as yourself I was in work till just after 3pm today but got home, showered and had a lovely afternoon/evening.

The year is just whizzing past alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sorry to hear you guys had to work yesterday. Nicest day in ages out our way. Got to get outside for a lot of it which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Today is my Friday 😀 Roll on 5pm this evening & I'm out of here until next Tuesday! I'm so ready for it 🤩

Lucky you CL.... I've 2 more 12 hour work days to get through, though am looking forward to the weekend as its our 12th wedding anniversary so will be having a few beverages & a nice dinner to celebrate!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Nice CL, enjoy the time off.

Think I need to take a Fri/Mon off with nothing planned. I only ever seem to take time off these days if something needs doing and never really get to enjoy the time off.

Yikes, that's a long working week :(

But a very Happy Anniversary to you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy Anniversary DvB , we are going to our nephews Communion on Saturday. A real family get together will be had.

Going to try and finish up soon and get out in the sunshine for a bit.

Have a great weekend guys and @DvB- happy anniversary, enjoy the downtime and a few treats!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thank heavens that work week is over!! 😁

It's Friday 🤩

And I've just found out that I'm going to be an Auntie again ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

It was my nephews communion on Saturday. One of the family said to him that he was practicing for his wedding because he was wearing a suit jacket. He told them very happily and confidently that he wasn't getting married and would be a lonely old man.

I'm still smiling at it.

Laptop about to go off for the weekend. Sun is shining and good weather planned for the weekend.

Have a great weekend folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

It's Friday and I have a minimal amount of work this weekend!

Its Friday, have the big Dublin derby to look forward to this evening & we only have one GAA game this weekend & its the last one for 7 weeks... so we have our weekends back until the kids go back to school!!

Might get some meaningful exercise in now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We are over half way to Christmas!!!!

So glad its Friday, WFH the last 2 days as i'm isolating and the amount of telephone calls & zoom/teams meetings has been unfortunate to say the least, I now sound like I've been gargling gravel between calls I'm that croaky... looking forward to logging off ASAP & getting some downtime...

Will 100% be watching the last 2 stranger things episodes this weekend too.... we've been watching that 'Crime' series on RTE also and with all the episodes available on player will hopefully see them too... this isolating lark may not be as bad as first time around!!

Laptop going off. Going to have a well earned beer and hopefully if weather is anyway decent over the weekend have a BBQ.

@DvB- take it easy and hopefully you'll be over the worst it come next week.

Have a great weekend folks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Watching the last two episodes of stranger things this weekend too.

This season has been so good!! Movie quality from the first episode to the last.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Someone in work only just said that today!

I never got around to season 3, so I'll have to watch both seasons together in the next while. Something to look forward to. 🙂

This season, despite having much longer episode times has been superb, we've all loved it and have set aside tonight to watch the last 2 back to back.

I haven’t been this gripped by a tv show in a very long time. I honestly cannot rate it highly enough.

Great final episode too! Promise no spoilers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

We have this Friday and the following Monday off for Eid!

Advertisement