Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Screenshot of QR code - is it sufficient

Options
  • 24-05-2022 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Quick question - I got sent by whattsapp a screenshot of the QR code for My Chemical Romance gig this evening. Just wondering will that be enough to get me in. Person cannot transfer the ticket vis ticketmaster app.

It's not a scam, as I am getting it for free. But will be bit disappointing to turn up, and then get refused.

I know there's something about ticketmaster supposedly using some software that changes code every hour or so to avoid fraud.

But I guess I'm wondering does anyone know of someone that has got in via screenshot of QR code.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’ve used screen shots to get into the aviva stadium no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Great. That provides some comfort that it's not an outright "no" anyway. Will chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭whatchagonnado

If TM are issuing new QR codes every hour, get the person to send you the latest one?

A screenshot, to the scanning device at least, is theoretically the same thing as the actual TM app or a printed hard-copy. It (AFAIK) cannot or doesn't care to differentiate.

EDIT: I used to screenshot my own boarding passes for airplanes to save me finding them in the apps - was much more efficient (before Apple Wallet) - and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

In fact over the last two weeks I was there twice first week I downloaded my ticket to my phone wallet and sent the other to my mate by WhatsApp, last Saturday a mate WhatsApped one to me that my wife used. The first week it was the qr code on the receipt that my mate used which changed if you downloaded from ticketmaster account so we used one from the receipt and one from the account after the change with no issues.

sounds complicated I know so not sure it will make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I doubt Ticketmaster are changing QR codes every hour. As i don't own a smartphone I just take a screenshot from my account and then print it out (sometimes weeks in advance) and i've had no problems getting that scanned in Whelans, Vicar St., Button Factory or Olympia.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I got in anyway, but I'm no wiser about the QR code. It was late when I got there - 9.30. I just kept walking telling the officials that I had a screenshot of a ticket. Each station just ushered me to the next station, until eventually I was inside the gig without anyone checking. Nobody even looked at the phone to see if the ticket was on it. I only knew one song in the last hour, but it was fun overall.

Seems like they have a very loyal following. Everyone around me (which was practically right at the very back) was really into it - belting out the songs word for word. Was looking at the setlist there. Teenagers, Famous Last Words, Black Parade and last song were all good moments.

Got another free ticket for tonight. Might go again, but this time will make it all. Weather looks like it's going to be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Planned on heading to The Frames tomorrow evening but can’t now…..have got refund for tickets apart from two a friend is going using…..can I just give him the login details for my Ticketmaster account so he can show QR codes for Concert at gate or will there be a problem when he tries to open my account off a different phone?

Thanks for any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Why not just transfer the tickets from your account to his? Unless he doesn't have a Ticketmaster account, in which case yeah he could just log in to your account from his phone.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Advertisement