Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Evil 200 2022 - June 18

• 31-03-2022 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

It's that time of year again and the one I almost dread as the years go by.

But we cannot let a tradition die.

So here is this years "rough" cut https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38930602

I do not have premium Strava anymore so i hope you can all access this.

Usual starting point under the Dundrum Bridge with a finishing climb of Ticknock.(Have to finish like the pro's)

Saturday the 18th or 25th June 2022 is the provisional date but open to changes if needed but will try nail down the date in 1-2 weeks from now.

Again, the usual rules for the Evil apply.

It’s not a supported event and not in anyway connected to Boards.ie, only the discussion takes place here.

No medals or pasta will be provided after the event.

We usually try stick together for a while but groups usually form.

Pints after if possible in the Blue Light or the three rock.

For anyone who is new to Boards, this is now the 11th consecutive year of this event.

Let's start the discussion.

EDIT: I might make a "mini evil" also just for anyone who thinks they are not up for the full event.

Something like this https://www.strava.com/routes/28364779

Post edited by Weepsie on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Duplicate post

• Registered Users Posts: 24,951 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mercian Pro was just saying to me earlier that there was no sign of an Evil Ride thread yet!

Better late than never WA.

I needed to build up some fitness and courage first 😀

Just in case anyone is worried by Ticknock at the end, we usually get there late when its quiet and we are in small groups of 1-2 so its not been an issue before.

I can change it to Kilmashouge if anyone wishes 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

You've finished it on Kilmashogue in the link on the first post.

• Advertisement

Ah sh**.

I done the route whilst in hurry that’s why I said rough cut but thanks. Will update it but it should be ticknock.

EDIT: Updated now with Ticknock at the end

Post edited by irishrover99 on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've told the wife I'll be out for approx 12-14 hours (fully expecting to bail out again somewhere)

I’ll give this a bump in case it was missed. If anyone has preferences to dates set out in the OP, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

NOT saying I'm going to do it again but, if I were, the 25th would be marginally preferable. Both dates are very faintly written in the diary 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 24,951 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

18th would suit me as I'm working on the 25th (although I could probably try to get the day off).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

18th would be better for me , but could prob make 25th also

thanks lads, let’s make it the 18th then as it’s more suited I think based on the above comments.

if an MOD can update the thread title for me with the date, that would be great.

as Mod, surely the 25th means a week more to put off preparation

That would be using Mod privileges 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Well I was pretty disappointed at getting injured the day before last years edition so I'm going to say count me in for this one and hopefully I can avoid self harm this time round

Mini Evil added for anyone that’s new. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38930558

Start point and finish point are the same but i cut out a few climbs in the middle and end.

Post edited by irishrover99 on

Eerily quiet around here.

Usually these threads get a good response or is the cycling forum not as it was before?

Anyway reading back on a previous thread, i see this comment 😂

"If you get dropped you're on your own. If you want backup, call yer mammy. That would be my suggestion, anyway."

I'm most definitely out. I'm only on the bike to get in and out of work lately and am probably the least fit I've been in about 7 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Was thinking about it but I've been out with a fracture.

Might be back on the bike by then but I wouldn't make it past the first hill.

It’s a whole 2 km till the first hill, you’ll be grand 🤣. Nice morning spin

but understand. Hope the rehab is going well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

What time in the AM do ye usually kick off on this? By "Dundrum Bridge" do ye mean around Joe Daly's there?

Yup, across from Joe Dalys. Think it was 7 or 8 am last year.

I went off too fast, then had an issue, then caught up with a few and went off too fast and then desperately needed to wee and lost everyone and gave up at roundwood.

I think it was a mistake to try it 2 days after my vaccine though, as I was in good shape otherwise.

I might have 4 lads interested. The timing is good for a final Marmotte-prep.

That sounds about right from what I can remember last year. You were either way ahead or behind us all day

I thought it was much more of a dawn raid for some reason. Given that it's such a long day. I also thought it was traditionally the day before the Expensive-200. :). Participation will definitely be subject to weather forecasting for us anyway. I also reckon we'd be starting off earlier than 8 but sure we'll see closer to the time.

I think and 8 am start gives our guys from across the border(WA and MP) a decent time to get to the start.

We are usually back by 6pm anyway which is a decent time i think. The faster guys will be back by 5 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

Hope to do this as well. What's the best option for parking on the day? I think someone suggested a nearby pub to me in previous years. Or is there a better option?

• Advertisement

The bottle tower pub is not far away. They have a small car park at the roundabout just beside it.

also marlay park is closer to the end l. So many choices around

Advertisement