Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rejoining Public Service

Options
  • 22-05-2022 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi

I have 6 years pubic service from before I had my kids and have recently gone back working. I was on a LSI on Grade 4 salary. Having relocated I am now hoping to get a Clerical Officer Grade 3 position and was wondering what salary I'd likely start off at if I am successful. I did hear that my previous service would stand to me. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I think it will.

I joined the Civil Service 25 years ago, after taking some time off work to look after my two young children.

I had previously had 12 years in the Public Service.

I had to start back at the bottom of the scale (awful!), but there was some ruling back sometime around 2003/4 or so, that meant I could apply retrospectively for incremental credit in respect of my previous public service. Therefore I would think that it should happen automatically for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭doc22

grade 4 isn't the same as a Clerical Officer Grade 3, that can be an issue. As you can't claim increments for non analogous service.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭maggie magoo

Ok, thanks for the replies doc22 and gerbilgranny. Hopefully my service will be taken into account if I get back into Public Service!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

Can anyone tell me is flexitime and flexi-leave a thing in the public sector or is that just civil service roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭2 fast

It's in public service aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@2 fast is it used in all public sector organisations or only some just out of curiosity? I have accepted a role with a public sector organisation but see no reference to either in the staff handbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭2 fast

From my experience it is my company don't have it in the handbook but have a separate policy

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Moving2017

It’s not in all public sector organisations! I know of several that don’t offer flexi-time!

I would recommend asking directly if you want to know for sure.

Advertisement