Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

He is totally white but not deaf. He's a rescue cat, he's FIV positive, although the only health issue he has is as a result of an untreated eye infection (before I got him), he now has a thickened upper right eyelid which makes his eyes water more than usual, creating more 'eye boogers' and further increasing his chances of subsequent eye infections.

He's quite clingy and suffers badly from FOMO :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hi all, just a quick update to let ye all know that Grumpy is home from hospital. I had him discharged myself on Sat as the poor man had become completely delusional due to being put on a medication to treat agitation that actually makes Dad worse. They sorted out the issue that took him in there. He had an absolutely awful time in there and felt I had to bring him home for his own safety. Struggling here on my own, feeling a bit overwhelmed. Hoping he picks up over the next few days. Official complaint te his care is underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We really are fooked in terms of a health system and so much more. My mother is hobbling around after two ops on a back nerve and back on an ever increasing list after a pre op last December. It's shameful. Best wishes to you Sardi. You're a trooper and best wishes to Daddy Sardi.

The quality of healthcare in this country is an absolute disgrace.

• Advertisement

The quality of lots of stuff in this country is a disgrace. Post Covid and it's got worse. All about the rich fookers at the top running down quality and increasing prices to keep the profits up. The ordinary person on the street is being shafted. The whole set up makes me want to puke. Apologies. I usually post positive stuff, but after hearing Sardi's story, it's downright hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

We had a formal work do this evening. Got my legs out for the first time this year 🥳

Feels good to be able to pull on a dress, summer is on the horizon 🙌

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sardi, thInking of you at this stressful and anxious time. Hoping your father is stable now.

The mess our healthcare system is mired in for a wealthy country is a complete disgrace.

Watching the film Knocked Up with my OH on the telly. Heading to bed when it’s over. Night all! 🌛😴

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sorry to hear about Grumpy, hope he pulls through rapidly.

coffee time with the mutt then work for a short day.

In work.

Absolutely zero interest this week. My motivation is in the minus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Went to gp for appointment, left without appointment, whatever issue they were having I just wish they'd told me

It's shyte. Our GP just leaves phone off hook now due to volume of appointments.

For any money, I wouldn't work in a surgery.

Deskside in the work office, working away but feeling very sad at yet another primary school shooting massacre in the USA where the right to own and use guns of all kinds trumps the right of little schoolchildren to life. It's beyond f*cked up and vile.

and there are a few pro-gun apologists here on Boards...

@JupiterKid i can understand the constitutional right to bear arms, but for the life of me I can’t understand why this extends to automatic rifles and anti aircraft guns.

Unbelievably sad day.

I have a new bike! It's a youngster's cos I can't manage an adult size. Had a couple of practice wobbles round the garden and still have to lower the seat. I won't be able to cycle in traffic but a new greenaway is opening up over the summer so hope to take advantage of that on the days Grumpy is at the day centre (he's there today). I haven't sat on a bike since I totalled my old childhood one back in 1984 after driving headlong into the back of a parked car so it's going to be interesting getting back in the saddle. Wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yes, I need these for all aspects of my life.

😆

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Me to a T 👍🥰🥰

Sardi delighted to see your new wheels 🚴‍♀️

WTF! A really easy evening tonight. Mrs G took it nice and smooth too! Holiday mode!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tired Thursday

Gear check tomorrow before an away day back on the road on Saturday. There may be another few hours at the tech desk too. But Ms G has me booked in for our premier of the new Obi Wan Kenobi series around 2.15pm. Ham rolls for that and a Pizza afterwards.

At my desk in work excited by the fact it's Friday. Hallelujah! 🙌

Logged on to see if I could make a Covid 2nd booster appointment, got an appointment within an hour. 15 mins from walking into the hospital to exiting.

I've gone into hiding. 2.30 finish today so not long to go. 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's Friday , the sun is shining , always lifts the spirits , have a lovely weekend all 😊🌞

I think the weather is supposed to pick up. About time!

I'm behind with my garden jobs this year but that's life!

Hopefully we are at the start of our "summer" now.

Took a half day today, now sitting out in the sunshine al fresco in a cafe in Dublin city centre waiting on a friend to come along for late lunch. 😎🌞🌞

Been doing some more art lately in my spare time, here is my latest creation: -

Phoenix Park Late Spring Greenery, No. 1, watercolour. Based on a photo I took a few weeks ago.

Have a great weekend Wherers! 😊

Post edited by JupiterKid on

Managed to get Grumpy out for half an hour or so in his wheelchair to enjoy the beautiful weather. He's still very uncertain on his feet (had a "fall" while in hospital. Found on the floor at 3.20am) so I'm trying to coax him slowly. Seemed to do him good. Today has been his most alert since I brought him home and no bouts af agitation so far.

Kid, that painting is beautiful. You are really getting very good.

• Advertisement

@Sardonicat cripes i thought you were talking about me for a second 😜 it was hard to get me out of the house too.

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

Advertisement