Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Believe me, when I say this, I was in London on Friday night in the o2 and roman reigns is far from hurt. Both himself and drew went 40 minutes back and forth. So nope roman is not hurt. and I have friends in the states who have witnessed this match at a house show 2 weeks ago and they said the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

another DQ win for Cody with Rollins yet again interfering

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The only remotely interesting thing on that show was the wish.com wardlow they had squashed by veer.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

Edge going full in on his sad middle aged perving on young lasses gimmick with the hair now. Grief.

• Advertisement

Sonya and Lacey on Raw?

KO and Ezekiel is entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Beat the champion to be able to beat the champion? That doesn't make any sense!"

That was funny.

Alexa looked incredible.

I don't mind Edge's hair. Looks better longer but he pulls it off. The benefits of being 6'3 and good looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No offence to Alexa, but squashing Sonya like that? I was hoping she brought Lily out just to give her to Adam or throw her away.

I did wonder about the tattoo beneath Rhea's eye, but seems it's not real since she's changed it.

So they're called "The Judgment Day" and not just "Judgment Day". How long until they face The New Day? Priest adapting his former name of Punishment.

Surprised Kevin didn't accompany his brother to the ring.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Judgement Day is so stupid in a company that normally can't handle anything more than one name for a superstar 😂

Nice of Finn and AJ to wait until Liv's beatdown was complete before coming out. Show is lacking direction without a title to focus around, it's better than it has been but still a bit all over the place.

I hate those championship contender's matches myself, champ shouldn't be losing on a regular basis. Speaking of which it seems we're back to interference/DQ city with Balor/Priest, Theory/Cody and Asuka/Bianca all ending the same way. I get they need to build feuds but all the same way, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,757 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm guessing Bliss won't have the same relationship with a sentient Lilly anymore, but will still carry her because it's a solid merch seller.

• Advertisement

Will Liv join Bullet Club tonight against Edge's Judgement Brood

Why pull Nikki and Doudrop from the main event? Hardly fair to punish them. I guess it's to do with having to put it together quickly and easier for 2 familiar opponents to work together rather than 4.

Skipped quickly through the Lacey bit as seemed to be all "America and armed forces are great!"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not usually interested in viewer numbers but wonder if the number increases or decreases for the Cody segments since their times are advertised for some reason. Wasn't it last week when they had the time and this week had a countdown?

Cody Rhodes is advertised for a match tonight against The Miz

Will they have a countdown again?

And they did.

Was that pin on Asuka one of the worst ever? She had managed to get herself up and into the ring okay but then just lay there with very little pressure being applied and both shoulders free. Such a weak pin, which did not make Asuka look good.

After hearing Priest talking, I was just thinking their new entrance music should be...

Shinsuke Nakamura and Riddle face The Usos tonight

Place is hoping for this weeks episode anyway

The segment with Cody and Rollins was good with some digs at 'AEW' and the usual 'we want more' brawl with officials out to try separate them

Riddle/Nakamura vs the Usos was decent

Contact signing for Lashley vs Omas/MVP ended as per usual with a brawl with Bobby looking strong

• Registered Users Posts: 30,757 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Becky with another little AEW nod too; "I'm a wizard".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tbh the Cody/Seth segment should have closed the show, it was decent. I've no interest in the Lashley/Omos stuff so maybe that's just me though.

Fatal 4 Way to determine a new contender for Bianca tonight. Rhea VS Alexa VS Liv VS Doudrop. Hoping for Rhea and Judgement Day feud with Bianca and possibly the Street Profits.

Judgement Day also supposed to be adding a new member tonight. I reckon it might be Ciampa as he was mooted before but Finn would be cool.

Then we have Cody opening the show to address his injury. Should be a monster pop for him I expect. Will catch it tomorrow as I'm working early in the am.

Only tuned in now, rey saving Dom against Veer

New member of JD, who knows probably a let down if not Finn

So Cena is back to save the day

Yess I like this

I never expected that but it freshens up Finn and potential feuds with Lashley, Styles or Edge

Cena returning for Theory

Cena passing the torch moment

Yep nice to see a heel finn on the main roster. Will this lead to an Edge/Styles tag team?

5,000 euro to anyone who can explain that judgement day thing to me, because it makes zero sense, when the commentators are **** on it you know it's bad.

Basically with Cody gone they want Edge back as a babyface as there's a huge gap on the Raw roster. So they did a whole switcheroo in one night that was probably planned as a semi slow burner for the next few months.

• Advertisement

Right, except riddles next in line and then Drew's called dibs in Wales, which means you don't need anybody in the Cody slot till September.

So we have

Priest and Ripley abandoning the person who won the 6 man for the person who got pinned.

Rhea Ripley screaming about edge controlling her when I'm fairly sure she's won every match since she joined him.

Balor apparently convincing them that him as leader made sense after they spent weeks bashing him.

All while the commentators talked about how it made no sense.

Pure and utter garbage.

Advertisement