Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How does order of merit with multiple panels work in local authorities?

• 21-05-2022 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I just found out my final result after my final interview was 24th (order of merit) for an assistant staff officer role. I was told final results will be out next week and I’ll know my placement on panels A B and C. How does this work? I’m internal staff, so could I possibly place higher on panel A (internal staff only)? Does the 24th OOM matter if I place high on the internal panel? How do they choose from each panel for vacancies? Also I’m feeling pretty down about being 24th as I thought I would’ve placed higher and now I don’t think I’ll even get an acting role (it’s a smaller council), so anyone with a similar OOM ranking feel free to let me know how it turned out for you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 dat6

It’ll depend on the Local Authority’s internal procedure. Assuming they are all the same job description, they will likely recruit a certain % from each panel as posts open up, until the panel expires. You’ll need to read the booklet.

If they are different posts, then the unit that are looking to recruit will often specify a job role profile/job description when recruiting (eg Finance Officer). HR will then choose which panel to pull from.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tomlen27

Hi, thanks for the clarification above. I received an OOM of 4th on a panel a few weeks ago. I contacted them today and was informed that I am 4th on the second tranche of applicants. I'm just wondering if you, or anyone, knows how tranches are divided in the civil service? Would the first tranche be going for the exact same role/office as me or would it consist of applicants for different office/location which are just being dealt with first. If tranche 1 are going for the exact same role/office as me it seems strange that I was given an OOM of 4 and not just a higher number that accounted for the first tranche.

Advertisement