Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giro Stage 14 Santena - Torino

• 21-05-2022 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭

147 km of possibly knocking lumps out of each other. Two very tough laps in the second half, including Superga

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Interesting inconsistency with the GCN commentators. Nibali, at 37, is referred to as an "old man" and therefore at the fag-end of his career ( even if he wasn't retiring). No such concerns about Cav yesterday who is now 37 too.

Weather very hot on the stage already - probably over 30 already

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It looks like MvdP reckoned he needed to be in the break to have a chance here. Climbs may be short but not short enough for him.

Yeah he was very invested in trying to stay away there, he was out front for what 12km or so?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yates is the favourite. From nothing other than time gaps really. No evidence he is back to 100%.

Well Yates must fancy it. In the break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Don't think i've ever seen a man move as much on a bike as Vansevanant does

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Big Tom abandoned

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

I wonder is his head still in cycling. Heard an interview with him after jumbo won a stage and he didn't sound that enthusiastic about being getting personal results

His back has been giving him problems for the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭griffin100

With Bardet gone I’d like to see Guillaume Martin do something today. I’d like to see him podium overall, I like his style of racing.

• Advertisement

Bora have destroyed this already!

What are Bora doing here?

Landa and Carapaz along for the ride with them from the looks of it. GC day so.

What is this nonsense with Wiggins and the Coppi monument doing on when the race is kicking off??

EDIT: Anyone else's sound on Eurosport/GCN gone funny? Everyone is high-pitched??

Carapaz on his own already. A Dunbar would have been handy!

Very much Dunbar terrain, he's rode a decent amount of the Italian classics with Moscon in the past.

That climb is savage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Crikey. They'll have to do that a second time?

Wow.

How will the sprinters fare out with them climbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I have to admit this is a baller move by Bora, I really hope it's not a Movistar type move of recent years where they just peel off with 20km to go and you wonder why bother!

Hell of a stage though, love to see this kind of aggression early in a GT mountain stage.

Some ride by Kelderman for the first lap, some heart by Lopez to stick to this so far!

Hatch gets a bit over excited when a rider looses a wheel length.

• Advertisement

This just looks like torture for the riders. It’s brilliant for the fans though!!

Pink Jersey out the back and carapaz is going like a demon. This is a great stage

This is fantastic

I’d love to see a shot from the laughing group. I’d say the sprinters are dying. Might be some outside the time limit today if the commissars apply the rules.

Pozzo going well, now he's been released from his sprint lead out duties

And the bookies get it right again.

Tight at the top on GC but then some massive gaps...basically a top 8, then Lopez, then the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

How was it against rules?

• Advertisement

You can't take a bike change from in front it has to be from behind.

Advertisement