Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free music streaming via your library

• 20-05-2022 9:10am

Freegal Music provides unlimited ad-free music streaming in conjunction with your local library. The catalogue is not as comprehensive as Spotify etc but there's a lot of popular artists, genres etc on there. 15 million tracks supposedly.

You can also download DRM-free MP3s but there's a limit of 5 per week.

You can stream in-browser using this link, or download iOS/Android apps.

https://www.freegalmusic.com/home

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks for sharing, OP.

Just to be clear, you'll need a valid Library card number to access the service. Dublin City Libraries is working for me, and many other Irish libraries are added.

Yes, you need a library card number. (During the pandemic you could get these without going to the library; i'm not sure if that is still the case)

If you click login and enter nothing apart from Ireland it shows a list of supported library systems - Cork City, Dublin City etc. Then just click one of them and enter your card # and PIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You can register online with Kildarecc for a library number, a temp one is given immediately so you never need to get the physical card. I used the temp one and it worked for Freegal

Nice find OP.

Nothing wrong with this playlist https://www.freegalmusic.com/home/featured/playlists/396603

Advertisement