Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pyrite - Clongriffin Dublin 13

Options
  • 09-05-2022 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I am in the process of selling my 1 bed apartment in Beaupark Clongriffin Dublin 13. 

The purchasers solicitor has requested a pyrite free/green cert which I don’t have and it’s very costly to get one done. 

I understand it was only the houses that were affected and not the apartments. Remedial works were carried out on the houses a long time ago. 

Does anyone have, or know anyone who had undertaken to have a test carried out? Or, does anyone have legal documents to confirm the apartments are pyrite free? 

I’ve been on to the management company (SPM) but they are most unhelpful. 

Any advice / guidance on this matter would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

embar1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Streco80

Hi Embar1,

I had pyrite in my house a few years back. We had to get an engineer out to do as assessment of the property. We used Kavanagh Forensics and at the time it was €550 to get the examination done. They are based in Drinan Enterprise Centre in Swords ph: 01-5161220.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 embar1

Thanks very much for your reply. I will give them a call tomorrow. I know some of the houses had pyrite but I haven’t heard of any cases in the apartments where mine is yet. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

I sold an apartment there in 2018 and you are right none of the apartments were ever effected by pyrite. Smith Property Mgmt are an absolute disaster to deal with, the trouble we had getting documents to advise we were fully paid up and wanted to be released from mgt company was unreal, they delayed our sale for months😡, we lost the purchase of our house over them

• Registered Users Posts: 4 embar1

Hi Gimp, thanks for getting in touch. Did the purchasers solicitor ask you for confirmation that your apartment was free from pyrite and if so how did you prove it? Many thanks, Emmet

Advertisement