Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toll Tags

• 19-05-2022 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭

After having and am still dealing with a mess with Eflow, twice now hit barrier in fast lane on M3 (second time was even charged for toll) and untold messing because changed revolut card (they used old card, then tried to use old N26 direct debt, both failed but no they didn’t according to Eflow)

Who do others use? Looking at easy trip, seems like you buy the tag and no monthly fees seems good, after that they look the same admit benefits etc

Been with eflow years, but when it goes wrong youd get better manners from a dog

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭gipi

I use a tag from parkmagic. I'm an infrequent user, and their set up suits me. There are no monthly fees, just a 10% charge when I go through a toll. I top up the account online as needed. Had a few issues, charged for tolls I didn't use, all resolved within a few days of my reporting the issue.

Could get expensive if you use tolls a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

I did have them for parking before, felt a bit amature and its hard to put a number on tolls, the Girlfriend lives in Navan and then if Sunny days out you need to use M50 for some sanity, so could rack up, thanks for suggestion

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Easytrip's customer care is appalling and they may add services to your account that you didn't buy and charge you for them.

Here, reviews on google are a higher star then eflow so thought be better, seeming like better the devil you know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Are you on the video or tag with eflow?

I have the tag account and direct debit from bank account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

It has nothing to do with eflow regarding barrier hitting. Eflow doesn't operate barrier tolls, only the M50 one. Eflow is a tag provider and an M50 toll operator. So you should contact the toll operator regarding about the barrier. It often is id you drive over 50 km/h, or tailgate or if someone else tailgates you.

Ive the tag (use to have the video, but then going to herself in Navan and holidays meant more tags so got tag to cover all) and had various issues with direct debt etc but THINK its ok now with Revolut via

Have EBS dark ages current account so dont use it unless have it

Id have thought they would keep note and once a month or so tell each barrier company we had complaints and they could see why, but your one on the phone attitude stunk, read part of script where it says we dont operate them and repeat until they customer gives up

I did get onto them over the barrier and got a smiliar your fault not ours attitude, then something similar when snowed and have to come off ther motorway as so bad had to drive in middle of road where previous cars had and was two tracks in snow as not gritted or cleared etc

Once it flashed just as I hit barrrier (raining so dunno), second time it gave me the warning and had to go to next one with machine a tell operator my tag code (again poor attitude) other day was nothing and panicked slam on and hit barrier

Think im not meant to use barriers, just need to stick to old roads 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

It sounds that your tag battery is giving up or tag position could be better. It should be on a shaded windscreen area like it shows on the leaflet sent with a tag but many people don't read that. On the M50 cameras backing up the tag so it could be tricky to identify if a tag position is correct. In most times barrier hitting a car is the driver's fault. However, it's hard to learn from situations when the actual reason isn't clear. The safest is to stop at the toll barrier cashier or basket - a tag will still be read there and a barrier will lift. You don't have to use an express lane having a tag.

Advertisement