Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Property buying checklist

Options
  • 19-05-2022 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all, does anyone have a house/new build/apartment buying checklist they want to share?

I was thinking about things like:

1. Orientation (sunlight, esp. important for solar)
    2. Mica
    3. Pyrite
    4. Lead pipes
    5. Roof state/leaks
    6. Smart meter
    7. etc.

We could collect this information into excel file and pin a link to it.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy bee 33

Neighbours? Nearby social houses?

Parking for at least 2 cars.

Is the area hooked up to broadband?

Good public transport if applicable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Because my budget at the time covered two choices - wrecks or 1 bed apartments (and I wasn't buying a 1 bed apartment), my checklist was

1: Cable broadand. Now there's fibre options, actual fibre would be fine too (SIRO/NBI/Eir FTTH not "efibre")

2: Gas available

3: Not wooden windows. Wanted double glazed, had to settle for mostly aluminium single glazing but at least they didn't leak/have draughts

That was after the house being actually habitable, of course. Although the smell - from dog piss soaked lino that was reefed out immediately - did call that in to question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Subsidence

Drains

Extension Compliance

• Registered Users Posts: 24 igord

Thanks guys, that are some great points. I also found that some places I rented would have really substandard water pressure so I might add that to the list as well. I'll collate this info and add some links to it as well where more info can be found soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

Management company fees

Local schools

Public transport links

Future Local planning- viewed a house that had planning for massive road next to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement