Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

MJF reportedly is not the only AEW talent feeling some level of discontent right now.

It was recently reported by Fightful Select that MJF was actually leaning towards leaving AEW in 2024 when his contract is up. Also adding that his comments when he mentions that he’s interested in WWE are not a work.

This of course has led to a lot of speculation from fans, including the futures of other AEW talents, questioning how happy/unhappy they may be and things like that.

In a recent report from Voices of wrestling, they have given some insight to what they have heard regarding the atmosphere backstage in AEW:

In other AEW news, on the heels of multiple Fightful reports regarding MJF’s displeasure with his current contract situation, a source from the AEW locker room tells us that MJF is hardly the only talent feeling some level of discontent, describing the backstage atmosphere as “chaotic” with a lack of structure, with common complaints ranging from not knowing angles or finishes until close to showtime, and things like redundant finishes and angles to set up matches being very frustrating.

“Every single one of us is pulling our hair out”, according to one source. While not on the same level of WWE issues like Monday Night RAW often being rewritten day of or even on the fly as the show is airing, we are told that AEW is not all sunshine and rainbows on gameday as some may perceive it to be.

– Voices Of Wrestling

I wonder will Khan eventually bring in someone to help him with booking etc? You'd have to get burned out at some stage doing it all yourself. Now with ROH added as well, definitely think he should have went down the WWE/NXT route (with Triple H running NXT) and have someone else run ROH for him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've had the feeling for a long time that Tony Khan is spreading himself very thin between 3 full-time jobs (AEW, Jags, Fulham) and that he's gonna have to do a lot more delegating and let lose some control to be more effective at all 3. As I recall, QT is part of the team that books/agents the shows with the likes of Jerry Lynn, Dean Malenko and Dustin Rhodes - all well tenured and respected I think it's fair to say, but when you're outside looking in, it's hard to know who's doing what exactly and how. It's easy to see how there'd be frustration in that sort of environment too where there's 1 major chokepoint and everything starts backing up when it's blocked.

Apart from MJF/Wardlow (which I'd still argue though is just following the usual MJF feud playbook) the build up and storylines for the double or nothing matches has been really below par. Punk/Hangman has been bad (Hangman heel promo was bizarre) and Rosa/Deeb has been especially awful. The matches will probably deliver like always at the PPV but storylines really need to be better imo for DON and beyond. They still have 2 weeks to do something for this PPV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Athena is currently streaming on twitch (going by people on twitter) so doesn't look like she'll be the Joker.

No idea now who it's going to be tbh. Don't think it'll be Candice because she only had a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't like Ember/Athena at all. Bland as they come. Tegan Nox in the same boat. Mia Yim too.

Out of the free agent women around, Candice is the most entertaining. She was funny in The Way.

It's a shame Dakota Kai's no compete isn't up. She's good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Miro has been working on a TV series that's why he hasn't been around since recovering from his injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by that it looks like it'll be guest star for a single episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Some people were saying Maki Itoh would be the women's one.

Athena say Kairi would be a great pick as the joker for a short term deal.

And an NJPW male for the Joker on the mens side.

I was thinking someone like that but supposedly Khan said on the radio today that it'll be debuts but tbh he might have worded it wrong or forgot she was there before.

The men's joker is interesting because I think we can all see a mile away that Jay Lethal will cost Joe the match so it would be a **** way for Gargano/Cesaro to win a debut match. I'm leaning towards it being someone from NJPW or Impact now.

Never thought of Kairi but probably unlikely. That would be great though!

Can't imagine Stardom leaving Kairi do it when she'd be just losing to Britt. I think she's doing something for Hana's memorial show too next week so can't imagine she'd fly just for a quick match and loss.

Has to be someone who's good with losing a match which really narrows down the options.

Well Stardom have asked for both Britt & Rosa to come over for a show in Japan.

It more than likely isn't Kairi tonight however I would expect Kairi to appear at some stage.

I think it's telling as well that Khan hasn't really hyped the jokers like he usually would for surprises/debuts.

This definitely makes me think it's Maki Itoh and she's someone Britt can beat.

I don't see why Stardom would want Britt at all. Shes nowhere good enough in ring to hang with anyone in Stardom.

Stardom are likely more interested in likes of Hayter and Storm as they're ex Stardom anyway, and can wrestle their style, and Giulia wants Tay.

CJ Perry vs Britt

Harry Smith vs Joe

• Advertisement

Johnny Elite!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Takeshita is something else, banger of a match. His upcoming PWG match will be insane.

Kyle O'Reilly's chest looks like he was in a car crash after that match, it was really good, glad there was no outside nonsense.

It's been a good episode so far. Setting up a 3-way for the tag titles is cool and the Christian/JB split moves ever closer. Very curious to see who Britt's opponent is gonna be now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The arse really fell out of the episode as soon as the women's match started. I love Maki Itoh's whole gimmick but despite an initial decent pop the crowd were mild enough on it for most of it. Weak Deeb promo yet again, and Adam Cole is overexposed. I like him but wish he'd mix it up a little as it's been the same thing for a while now.

Ya, Cole needs to be rotated out until it's sooner to Kenny's return when they can do the BC Vs Elite angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Glad Joe beat Elite clean, thought it was a bit mad to see people complaining about the Lethal interference finish that everyone could see coming before the show had even happened!

Hangman and Takesh*ta was so good, no surprise with the ace of DDT involved.

Starks spot on with the Rex from Toy Story shout, that three way could be great, hope Starks and Powerhouse get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭kksaints

That's becoming a recurring trend with Dynamite, very good to excellent first half of the show but a middling to very poor second half of the show. Also the first match on Dynamite is nearly always far more important and better quality than the traditional main event of the episode.

Abortion Rights Are Human Rights!

Punk deserves an Emmy & Golden Globe for wearing that t-shirt on a live scripted TV show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A moment is comin where Wardlow snaps free of those handcuffs, and I hope the pop is massive. I loved how he shrugged off the lashes. Proper monster baby face vibes.

just very curious to see how they handle him after MJF and what his next program is.

Advertisement