Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Double extension, easy peasy?

Options
  • 18-05-2022 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I've bought a house where nearly every other identical house has a double extension. Would I be correct in assuming that ,planning permission wise, should be easy given the precedent that everyone else has?

Everyone done this as the existing garage type side is quite old and ugly looking, so I'm quite keen to get started with process but half afraid a neighbour might object, even though they have done same double extension themselves in last 10 years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

From what you stated I wouldn't really see a problem.

if you are on reasonably good terms with your neighbours it would do no harm to show them the plans for your extensions before you apply for planning. Of course you don't have to but it maintains a good relationship and portrays you in a good light.

Advertisement