Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Resell?

• 12-05-2022 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for some advice. Hopefully this doesn't go against any forum rules. Basically, I have two tickets for Lorde in Amsterdam next month and can no longer attend due to work commitments.

I asked Ticketmaster about reselling the tickets through them and they said that because the tickets are personalised with our names we can't transfer or resell. They said the venue will be checking ID even.

I've never had to resell tickets before so I don't know what the best thing to do here. Does anyone have any advice? I'd hate to just lose all the money I spent on the tickets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I'd also like to hear from people on what the best routes/platforms to sell tickets are. Have two for The National in Limerick and can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

If either of these gigs have been rescheduled (and you purchased your ticket before the date change) you should be able to get your money back just say you can't make the new date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,612 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If there's an option for ticketmaster resale it's easiest, go into the tickets in your account and you should see the option, or a note saying it's not allowed there

If not, toutless is a great website, try there. It's face value only and generally everyone on it is legit (obviously there's still some scammers, but they seem good at keeping them away)

I don't know about Amsterdam though, sorry newbie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Thanks, unfortunately TM aren't allowing resale on the tickets for some reason. Have them up on Toutless now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

viagogo.ie

This is what their site says... i used one time and works well...

viagogo allows third party sellers, including individuals, to sell tickets on its platform. In some instances the original purchaser's name may be printed on your tickets. The tickets are valid. Your name does not need to match the name printed on the ticket to gain entry to the event.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Query kinda related.

I have 2 extra tickets for Garth Brooks in CP in September.

I don’t want to sell them, my cousin is taking them but they are eTickets with my name on them.

Can I simply screenshot the QR Code and let them scan that on their phone on the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

You can add them to Google pay (possibly Apple pay too) and screenshot them

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Thanks for the advice. I checked Viagogo and it says that because the tickets for this event are personalised I would need to change the names on my tickets when they're sold. I asked Ticketmaster how to do this and they said I can't change the names.

Losing the will...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

This is crazy... is this jujst an Irish thing... you cannot re-sell... ypoujn cannot change name even for fee... surely illegal...

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

It's Ticketmaster.nl I bought the tickets from so I assume it's their policy? It's madness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks, Apple Wallet is a good idea.

I asked Ticketmaster also and they said that the lead buyer only needs to be there for lead buyer events, whatever or whoever made that up, but Ed Sheeran was one of them. Garth Brooks seems to be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I had a quick look and there are no restrictions on that event so you can resell the tickets wherever you choose.

No idea why Ticketmaster would say its an ID event, it clearly isnt.

Try Ticketswap or Viagogo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Is there a general timeframe for when resale is available? I have tickets on my account for June, August and September. Resale available for the first two but the September one has no resale available at the moment and typically is the one I don't want to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ste91

Does anyone know when you sell tickets on Ticketmaster how long till you receive payment? It says you will be waiting at least 13 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Mike3549

It took me some time alright. You have to setup your account as a seller, quite easy just an extra hassle. Took 2-3 weeks to get the money.

I setup as a seller, sold tickets and only a couple of days later finalized the account with bank details. Maybe thats why it took longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭fafy

I use Toutless, for buying and selling, have had very successful buying and selling experiences. Its face value only, incl, tm fees.

TM don’t get any fees for either the buyer or seller doing it this way, you pay the seller, usually, but not always, via Revolut, and they transfer the ticket/s to your TM account. I always get their mobile number first, and keep In touch. If i am selling a ticket, that is not yet available for TM transfer, i still advertise it on toutless, get a albeit, verbal only commitment, and contact buyer when transfer is available.

Advertisement