Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Multiple "Van Gogh Immersive Exhibitions" in Dublin - Which one is best?

• 20-02-2022 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

There appears to be two Van Gogh immersive exhibitions coming to Dublin, "Van Gogh Dublin"(https://vangoghdublin.com/) is in the R.D.S. and the other one (https://vangoghexpo.com) is in a yet-to-be-announced location (also in Dublin). Does anybody know the difference between these two, and which one they'd recommend?

Irish press seems to have picked up on vangoghdublin.com but there doesn't seem to be any videos about that specific experience.

Also, does anybody know if the VR experience is worth it? I can't seem to find any info about that online.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

• Registered Users Posts: 9 John M00re

I'm really looking forward for RDS's Van Gogh immersive experience! Even though I really have no specific reason to prefer it over the other Van Gogh Expo, I just liked that they have more info of the show on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

The second one is the one that's in London also. Seen it last year. its ok. I mean I guess it is what it is. Fever runs lots of events and are a legit company.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

(went to the RDS one myself today I thought it was not very good, half of it wasn't even Van Gogh).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

I was at the show in the RDS today too. I dont think it was worth the money tbh. My friend picked up one of the brochures/leaflets and it states that it is a "60 minute experience - 40 minute projection show, 20 minute infinity room, interactive art wall with cafe and retail" very cleverly worded! The infinity show was a couple of minutes long, The projection show was about 12 minutes for Van Gogh and 17(?) Minutes for the other projection show. The images in the leaflet make it look like it is really immersive, but it wasn't. It was good, but nothing like the leaflet, and not worth the money either tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I went to the RDS one at the weekend...meh. The actual van Gogh part was small, busy and a lot of screaming kids. Seemingly the one in Artane is a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

I'm tempted to go to the one in artane, is it easy to get to if you were arriving at Connolly or Busarus?

Advertisement