Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SouthNorth

Update for those in same situation.

Landed in Liege last Saturday 2nd April. Left Liege Monday 4th and arrived in DSU this afternoon. Fastest shipping time from Europe to Ireland ever had!

If Am Post still do Saturdays could have it in hand tomorrow 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Anyone still having issues? Two things I ordered from Ali have been stuck in Liege since 18th April with no movement since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think Ive run into a problem, bought two items on Aliexpress from the same seller April 5th. Im pretty sure it was listed as being in a German warehouse which is why I purchased and the order does say Germany on it. So 40 days later no sign of it (iirc it said 21-28 days shipping). Tried to contact Aliexpress CS but its a bot telling me to contact the seller, the seller response is a bot wishing me a happy life and nothng else, it donest respond further. Looked at the order again and it says tracking DHL_DE with LVXXXXXXXCN as the number which would suggest China. Put that number into DHL both Irish and German sites and it is saying invalid.

Whats my options, is it too late to do a bank charge back? Doesnt look likely I'll get my products and sounds very like a scam. Its only 25 quid but would charge back if I can seeing as the seller is just a bot that does nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Open a dispute in AliExpress...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Try this tracking site...https://parcelsapp.com/en

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thanks. Gave that a try but now the tracking number link on the order is broken and doesnt display it. Either way the number ended in CN so am presuming its being shipped from China and not Germany as the seller claimed so it will likely get hit with Vat as well if it ever does show up. I tried to contact the seller for a second time with no joy so if its not here by Friday I'll ask the bank to do a chargeback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

My last item from Wish took 13 days for delivery which is quite good.

I have one from AliExpress that is also 13 days but stuck in Liege.

The last few orders from Wish have been good delivery times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

I’ve purchased a few items last month on AliExpress so not too sure which purchase this is for. Is there any way of finding out which item this relates to, from the scant information given on the customs charge card.

Edit: so I just found the item and see that Vat of €0.93 was paid at the time of purchase showing that as of July 21 under EU law vat must now be charged so now they want vat again.

Can I just let them return it and open a dispute for non receipt.

Post edited by amber2 on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You can let them return it to sender. Not sure how AliExpress will view it if they see rejected by customer.

• Advertisement

seems to be Cainiao I think from the global tracking website. Item is worth just under €4 so with the admin charge it’s more than it’s worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes it’s An Post apologies. Customs valuation includes the 0.93 cents vat paid already.

Since I stopped using fedex, my suppliers create An Post delivery labels with tracking numbers (ending in IE) that can be tracked on the An Post website once they land here. VAT is paid to Ali Express and An Post simply delivers them and I have never been caught for double VAT.

Your problem might be because of an incorrect declaration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭deezell

Would this be normal for Ali. Sent 30th June, marked as out for delivery since 5th July at destination country. Tracking number not read on AnPost yet. Below is Alis own tracking.

• Administrators Posts: 353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭System

This discussion was created from comments split from: An Post returning packages from outside the EU-See 1st post.

the tracking doesn't always reflect reality. for instance, according to the tracking, it was out for delivery a couple of hours after clearing customs. that seems unlikely. what "out for delivery" probably means is that it is sitting in a cage somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭deezell

Probably in the Indian Ocean on a ship. The Ali tracking no. is an IE one. If you plug it into an international tracking site, it just shows as not yet scanned in Ireland, there is no record of the Chinese leg, I presume because Ali just bulk ship stuff bound for the EU/Ireland, no individual scanning until the the 'cage' is open, though they should have a manifest for it's contents. As you say, the tracking is a fantasy.

• Advertisement

also need to remember that when it says "destination country" that could just as easily mean either belgium or holland. the aliexpress parcels transit through there and that is where the customs clearance is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Anyone have packages that are sent from china to UAE and then to Ireland? My package is now in UAE, never had this happening before, usual the transit country is Belgium or Netherlands, but it seems it's going china to UAE to Ireland

Anyone with any experience of ordering from TomTop? I ordered a handheld game console and the price stated "inclusive of VAT". Just wondering if that's true or will I get hit with 23% once it arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Casper13

I'm having the exact same issue now. A YT tracking number. HBC courier. Did you ever receive your item? It's saying mines in Ireland since the 10th of December and it's just bouncing around depots 🤷🏻‍♀️

I ordered from the UK so was surprised to see it was coming from China. Was told there was a stock issue in the UK. I've queried the company but waiting for a reply.

I'm not sure how well-known this tracking website is but it'll track items coming from China that go through The Netherlands, Belgium, and France before getting to Ireland.

It'll also track items with An Post tracking numbers all the way including the final tracking on the An Post website (that only gives it to you once it arrives in Ireland).

https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭I am me123

My tracker says my parcel is on transport to the country of destination.

How long would it usually take for my parcel to arrive based on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

a week roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭I am me123

I've found that packages coming through The Netherlands from China are no longer being delivered by An Post but by Fastway.

Surprisingly, the packages don't come over the hedge but a ring at the door, a very polite young man who wishes me a good day!!

• Advertisement

I thought that was just me. I had something delivered by Fastway yesterday that would normally be delivered by the postman

Advertisement