Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

I'm waiting on a package to be delivered that's been in Dublin since the 13th.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the addressed they were provided with. Even includes the eircode.

According to the tracking, has been bounced around the depots, mis directed a few times.

What a joke of an operation

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah I have a package from Wiggle that's been with them since the 10th of August now. No update to the tracking since they received it. Logged a ticket with them about a week ago, got a response yesterday saying "This is currently in our Central Sorting Hub awaiting full customs clearance.

Fastway have no control over the clearance of shipment".

And to just keep checking the tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭manna452121

I just got this after 12days from China via Holland. Delivery Received in Hub

We've received your parcel in our central distribution hub. It will be with you in 1-2 working days, depending on the delivery service timeframe you requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Same boat since 10th August also.

"in customs", item coming from Germany.

Do Fastway provide a contact in customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mct1

Wondering has anyone ever had a reply to an email they sent Fastway? Their New Ross depot has a parcel for me sent from a UK store. I had an email from Fastway 10 days ago asking for my Eircode (the company hadn't used it!). I've replied with the information plus my mobile number three times, but no reply or sign of delivery. They must be trying to compete with Eir for the worst customer service imaginable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭1971bsb

Not looking too good for me by the looks of things after reading some of these posts. I had a package sent by postfrom the UK with tracking. Apparently Fastways are now delivering packages for An Post as they can't keep up. Cut a long story short, no sign of package, tracking shows it was delivered to my house last Thursday at 7.30pm - yes you've guessed, no of course it bloody wasn't!! Sent an email Monday- no response. Anyone got a number for Fastways in Kerry? The website is a joke, gave me a Limerick number to contact, which doesn't even work!!!! FFS!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

You can't contact them. If it was any other company, giving out fake or useless contact details would be considered a scam. You're better off going through the company you ordered from. They are the people with the contract with Fastway.

In other news, I got a phone call from a random shop to say they've had a parcel for me for over 2 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

I'm waiting for them to deliver a PS5. It arrived in their Hawkes Bay Hub in Portarlington yesterday but there's been a delay due to an "operational issue". Given how bad Fastway's reputation is, I just hope that Littlewoods concealed my parcel inside their own packaging.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I am waiting for a parcel that was despatched by Littlewoods from their warehouse on 14th November but trying to track it on their website is not working. It just says 'Loading parcel status' and then goes back to the tracking screen where you've to enter the tracking ID. Any tips to track it down? Judging by the comments above I could be waiting a while :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You need to get tracking details from Littlewoods, sounds like it hasn’t been handed over to Fastway yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I have the tracking number but on the Littlewoods site it just says it was despatched from warehouse on 14th November. Having logged in again just now they are estimating delivery date at 24th November...I should have paid more attention when I was ordering it, I wouldn't have bothered if I'd known it would take this long 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Is there anywhere that you can make a complaint to Fastway for damaging goods in your parcel that they delivered? They done that to me today well yesterday Friday the 7th at this stage but very angry and annoyed about it as had been waiting two weeks for them to come and what does the courier do but fecks delicate goods over my side gate.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Complain to the shipper. There is no-one else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Unbeknown to me a company I purchased something from decided to use Fastway instead of their advertised delivery partner.

I try to avoid fastway as much as I can because their local franchise is well known to behave erratic.

Goods made the trip from Dublin to Cork overnight on Wednesday and then for 2 days nothing, sat in the local depot.

This morning it than went into "We are unable to deliver the consignment as it exceeds our size and/or weight limits" and next thing, it's now back on its way to Dublin.

I kid you not, they picked it up in Dublin, moved it down to Cork and after 3 days in the depot they are now sending it back to Dublin.

Well, the company I purchased the goods from will have to sort that, I hope they will learn their lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,805 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Exactly. It's the seller's responsibility to get the goods to you in good condition. If they choose to use a bunch of shysters to ship it, that's their problem to sort out not yours. If they don't play ball then get a refund via PayPal or a chargeback on your credit card.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭ShayNanigan

No idea but they really surprised me a couple of weeks ago. I was waiting for a parcel but didn't know Fastway would be delivering it and never received any notification when they'd be arriving. Heard a tiny knock on the door and by the time I got to the door, the guy was already leaving. He seemed startled to see me and at first I couldn't make sense of what he was saying because of his thick accent. He said he had just thrown my parcel to my balcony... 🙄😱 I was so stunned I didn't know what to say other than "thanks I guess", only later I got increasingly angry thinking about it. Luckily nothing was broken as I fetched the parcel but it had probably hit the wall (luckily not the window) as it was so close to the wall. To top it all, there was a sticker saying "fragile" on very large letters on the box. I guess he thought it meant something in Italian. 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It's a bloody miracle that Fastway are still in business. How I really do not know. I would never have them deliver anything for me if I could choose. DPD just so much better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ordering from Zalando and what a lovely surprise - forgot they ship with Fastway... Why do they even have tracking when it never works?! I've been able to follow a parcel coming via Fastway maybe once, most of the time the parcel never shows up on their tracking, you never get a message about a delivery and only know they are delivering when you hear a thud outside as they throw the parcel into your wall. Based on my experiences anyway... A neighbour recently found a parcel from their balcony which had been lying there for quite a while as they were out of town. Turns out it was another neighbour's parcel from a few houses down. I wanted to ask if it was Fastway delivering... Maybe never sending any notices to the recipient and then throwing it into someone's window is the fastest way of delivering according to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

These guys are a joke. Sender gave me a tracking number (surprisingly, it works). Got a parcel this morning, but I was away, so they left it in a shed. That's fine, but it is NOT MY PARCEL, FFS!

Emailed the sender, it's them who have a contract with those clowns.

After my parcels finally appeared on their tracking showing they had been loaded onto their van at 7 in the morning today, I've been waiting all day for the delivery. No sign of Fastway and I have been staring out all day, even making others watch the road in case they arrive while I'm getting lunch or going to the bathroom. Do they deliver after 5 pm because I'm just so annoyed if they never show up?

Edit: I feel super lucky... Magic of the boards I guess since they just delivered my parcels and this time without playing catch. 😁

Post edited by ShayNanigan on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Ordered from Woodie’s and to my horror they use Fastway.

Needless to say, my tracking number didn’t work for a week, and now it’s working but my order is showing up as an “operational delay”.

I certainly won’t be ordering anything from Woodies again as no reputable company should be using these cowboys. It shows complete disregard for their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Sender did not respond. On the same day I also emailed Fastway with all the details I obtained from the parcel they misdelivered. Got quick email saying "they will sort that out asap". Courier came 4 days later (asap, LOL) and handed over what I was waiting for.

But they didn't even try to collect the parcel they misdelivered! Gave it to them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 parisee88

Looking for advice - ordered a parcel from Zalando to send to my local shop as Fastway don’t do tracking and I can relate to all the horror stories above. Got a text to say the parcel was in store - lo and behold it wasn’t and shop don’t keep record allegedly of who is picking up what despite the fact you have to give a pin no. Fastway customer service a joke - am I better off letting Zalando deal with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭monkeyactive

Folks has anyone ever managed to get through to Fastway customer services ? They have misdelivered an item on me , (tracking says delivered , it wasn't) I cant for love of god or money find a way to contact them . They have a whattsapp service on their website which I have finally accepted is a decoy , doesn't work and isn't manned and any of the numbers for their depots on google don't work , decoys too.

Will I have to drive out to one of the depots and knock on the door , is that how this works?

If I can open a dispute with the sender if Fastway provide a letter and theroertically according to Fastways website I can claim for the missing delivery but none of these things are possible as I cant contact Fastway

How are this company able to or allowed to operate in a first world country ? it's madness , how can I have the confidence to buy things online if these clowns are trusted with it at the final stretch and they cant be contacted when they invariably mess up? Someone should start a Thread listing all the online shops that use fastway and encourage people not to use them.

They probably lobbed it into some random neighbour's back garden.

Hope it's not bin day as it might have gone in there, too.

But it's the seller's responsibility to get the item to you safely. If they choose to use a crap courier then the problems that creates are theirs, not yours to chase up.

Hopefully you used PayPal...

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭monkeyactive

I did use Paypal actually , do I have some comback then?

Yeah, tell the seller you will open a dispute with PayPal if they don't get this resolved within X days (give them a reasonable time), if still no item then dispute the charge with PayPal on the grounds of goods not received

Not sure how long you have to open a dispute with PP so check that first.

Usually the threat of a dispute with PayPal is enough for them to refund you as it's not worth the hassle for a seller.

So he's at the loss for the item but that's his fault for using a crap courier.

Edit:

Up to PP to sort out whether the seller's proof of "delivery" is sufficient. But if no joy with PP then chargeback through your card provider.

Life ain't always empty.

Why did I fall for this one again... why?! I knew they were the worst of all couriers, not even a courier service but a scammer service with vans. But I told the seller about my bad experiences with them and said I wish the seller would inform them not to throw fragile items into people's windows. The seller was horrified and promised to make sure I would get my parcel.

Can you guess already...? I've spent the entire day staring at the road like a hawk. Even when using the bathroom I've made sure I can hear every little sound coming from the driveway, ready to take a peek from the window before I hurry back to my watch post. They never came. The tracking still says the parcel is in their van but they don't deliver after 5 pm, right? I cannot reach them, it's impossible. I contacted the seller but he must've left the premises already so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'll be damned if I spend another day in vain like an eedjit believing the parcel will get to me. Mod <Snip> Read the forum charter please

I can't live like this. I'm even thinking of getting a small cam and figuring out a way to have the driveway filmed all day and alert my laptop of anyone driving close by. But that would probably be illegal. Plus, with my luck, Fastway would deliver that cam to me - I mean not deliver!

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭rob316

My work day is so much easier than dealing with these jokers, as soon as we scaled up it was unmanageable the level of follow ups and complaints. DPD I would rarely have to contact to chase a parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 parisee88

And now Asos are using them for premium delivery instead of An Post and they already have been two days late

Advertisement