Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could wwe buy out his contract and have him join before 2024 ?

Cody might have words

Ps I don't know anything about pro wrestling contracts and don't bite my head off

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As someone with very little knowledge of sports, never mind American sports, was Punk booed because of his jersey (Which MJF also had on), the name on the jersey (which we didn't see before the booing started) or just because he wasn't Hangman?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Was because of the jersey, or more importantly the name on the back, as Tavares was signed with the Islanders, but left on a free, and signed for his hometown team, the Toronto Maple Leafs.

It, as expected didn't go down too well in Long Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

A contract is a contract regardless of sport or profession.

I can't however imagine a buyout clause being in a pro wrestling contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

WWE would love MJF for his character work. I could definitely see them outbidding AEW. If AEW sticks around long term which obviously we all hope it does then there's bound to be plenty of traffic in both directions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

I do reckon it's a work especially cause MJF mentions his contract so much on TV and teasing defecting to WWE is great heel schtick for him given AEW fans disgust at the idea.

I agree the whole Cody thing casts this in a different light but considering how much time is left on his deal I'd be shocked if this was legit but probably depends on the finer details of his frustration.

Has any major AEW talent ever just asked for their release? Doubt it would come to that but would be interesting to see how TK would react if one of his top stars wanted out during his contract likely to go to a competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"I don't know what you're laughing about, dipshit. You've been in 2 cage matches and lost both."

That softened Wardlow's cough. MJF is the best motormouth around.

Money would be the only reason he'd go to WWE (And it's best reason) but he won't get to call Rollins or Reigns a dipshít. He has that clown, Khan, over a barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BCC, Eddie & P&P vs. JAS heading for Blood and Guts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭NITRO95

To quote Rihanna "work, work, work"

Is MJF probably a little pissed at guys like Cole coming in for big money, yea I'd say so.

Is MJF working SRS cos he's a fool, yes absolutely. MJF mentions his contract every second week. The guy is always working, he has his parents bring signs calling him a shite son to every LI show.

Is it possible he goes to WWE? Sure anything is possible but I have no doubt that in 2024 we are getting a "Summer of MJF" style story where he wins the belt and threatens to leave. TK and MJF get wrestling, I have great faith that everything they say to press or in a promo about one another is leading to something huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I'm beginning to think that MJF's eventual face turn will be him ripping up a WWE "contract" in the middle of the ring after all the months and years of making people wonder will he or won't he. And maybe take the World Championship off Punk. Would get some pop I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think some of it was cos of the Punk MJF feud a few months ago, but then the boos got louder when he had a Tavares jersey on. Tavares is hated in Long Island now after he left them in FA a few years ago. It'd be the equivalent of the hate Figo got when he left Barcelona for Madrid, or if someone like Gerrard moved to United during his playing career. Punk being known as a major hockey fan too and it coming in as cheap heat back in December when Punk and MJF were feuding plays a part too I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I wouldn't be so sure it's a total work, I mean what MJF says is true, there are new ex-wwe guys who don't bring in any more ratings than he does, who are probably on more money than him.

When MJF was signed he wasn't famous, so it's quite likely his current contract isn't great and he feels like he should be paid more. But since it only runs out in 2 years he'll want that pay increase now. From Tony's side he'll only want to agree to a pay increase if he can lock MJF down to another long contract, which MJF mightn't be so keen on.

It's probably in both their best interests to sort it out and I'm sure they will and then it will all be presented as a work, but right now, I' not sure it really 100% is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Agree with the comment but why's Kahn a clown ? I mean seems like such a petty insult to throw in there

If Cesaro was the Joker, I'd love for him to get the TNT title and do an open challenge every week (Danielson would be brilliant as well). Make it feel important again.

The title is crap for the last while with Scorpio and Sammy + Cody winning it multiple times.

Cesaro/Danielson (or tbh there's plenty on the roster that could do it) having a long run and defending it against different people every week in open challenges would be great. Eventually when someone beats them, it would be a big deal.

Has the Joker in these things ever been an existing roster member or is it always a new signing? Maybe there was a return.

I think it's always been a new signing.

AEW is in Texas this week and Athena is from Texas so I think she's nailed on to be the Joker on the womens side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd love Miro to come down in the middle of one those Sammy/scorpio segments and batter the lot of them it's the worst part every week and they've ruined the TNT title with it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Still not sure what they are doing with whose face/heel between scorpio and Sammy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's a bit of a joke alright. Ethan Page then, the one with the most upside of them all is stuck as Scorpios side kick. Hope he batters him and takes it, or better yet Miro comes back and batters them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Bit behind here as I only got around to watching Dynamite last night. Thought it was the best episode in a while, it just ran a lot smoother than previous ones.

MJF was great playing up to the crowd on his entrance. Enjoyed that whole segment. JR is ok with me, but christ Regal threw a left and he called it a right hand..

Hangman seemed lost on commentary, and looked weak just throwing the bird up as well.

Adam Cole had a decent match, but I don't buy him as main guy for a second, hopefully when Omega comes back he squashes him.

Darby got shafted giving Jeff the win, for some reason I thought maybe his legs were supposed to get stuck in the ladder for the pin, why else would they leave the ladder there?

Aubrey... jesus she nearly got flattened by Nese getting in the way, and she did in again in the women's match. She's been at it a while now, thought she might improve but she's just getting worse.

Looks like Christian is gonna turn soon, would love to see Jungle boy turn too and just dump Luchasorearse

Again might seem super negative, but like I said best episode in a while and I enjoyed it overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,724 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Feels like they had no choice but to turn Sammy prematurely, since the crowd hated him. Think they're just trying to keep it going long enough to do Men of the Year and VanZant Vs Kazarian, Sammy, and Tay. And then they can have the lads go their separate ways with all of Scorpio, Page, and Sammy as heels, and maybe continue a fued with VanZant and Tay off on the side.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'd be happy to see miro as the joker, him and Joe could have a great match, you could have Jay or sonjay cost Joe the match

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm only getting to watch AEW Dynamite and Rampage

A very enjoyable Sunday viewing, particularly Dynamite was awesome

I loved the The Dark Side of the Ring segment, that was just brilliant, one of my favorite parts of the show

I also laughed at the Ass Boys + Acclaimed segment, looking forward how this group goes and they could be quite funny

MJF is probably one fo the best things in Wrestling at the moment and I'd be quite shocked (even more so than Cody) if he goes to WWE, he'll be so sterilized he wont be the same but money talks I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have to say this is quite funny

Don't know why Billy didn't like any of his sons' suggestions. Seemed like good original ideas to me.

So there was a title match on this week's Elevation. It was for the RoH Women's title. So from a quickly put together main event title match on Dynamite to being main event on Elevation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You've the ROH Pure title being defended on Dark too

• Advertisement

Yeah just saw that. Wasn't even the main event. Chaos Project in a main event over a title match.

When I first saw Clark Connors in that interview I was thinking shouldn't he be just clinking bottles and saying "Factory, come out to play"

Advertisement