Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wellies too hot on a summer's day

• 13-05-2022 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Anybody else experience wearing the wellies as being too hot in every sense "on a warm summer's day".. Very warm even with the neoprene lining.. Any views, comments or remarks on considering turning down the tops of both welly boots ?? Some people say they are "Cooler in summer" that way ?? All replies most welcome !!

Post edited by John Farmer on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,951 ✭✭✭emaherx

No. Never wear them if the weather is hot, usually no need as ground tends to be dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Best to wear leather boots but bring the wellies with you so you will have them to change into if going in a damp area.

Reducing the time in wellies is better for your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I wear old runners! Ankles and calves can’t take boots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

You’re not wearing enough pairs of socks!

🙂😆😆

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Plantar fasciitis flares up with me from time to time. Physio said that wearing wellies is the main reason. Try and avoid them as much as possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Personally live in em all year round, with the exception of a few hours during the day in summer months, find they suit my feet better than many so called work boots over the years.

As for sweaty feet from them, don't suffer much with that, if you have to wear them for longer than you'd rather, change your socks during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

On the plantar faciitis, the most expensive work boots I ever bought at €110 , I suffered with above from wearing them. Skechers they were.

Wellies all year here, I never found a pair of boots that could last any length.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,951 ✭✭✭emaherx

It's funny because I suffer from the same if I wear almost any other work boots other than the sketchers, I found Dunlop work boots absolutely cripple me in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

My feet are crippled from a lifetime of Boots. Every job you work in now days it's all health and safety it's gone completely nuts. As for the Wellies, the more expensive ones such as steel toe-capped Dunlops are absolute cripplers in the Summer. The most comfortable pair I ever had was a real cheap unbranded ones, for some reason they were really light on the feet and didn't roast your feet, maybe it was the complete lack of material in them.

Speaking of feet getting roasted, there comes a point in the Summer when I'd do sandals or even barefoot just to try and give respite to the poor hoofs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

I have used these for years. Fantastic grip, light and slip on/off. Normally pick up a pair every spring

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/shop/product/Rouchette-Green-Mens-Ankle-Boot/9087202

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭ginger22

The EVA wellies are the job. Light and with soft springy soles. You can also get half length.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Havent put on a pair of wellies in months. Normally wear a pair of soft toe slip on perf boots. Light as a feather and really comfortable. Even in the winter feeding cattle outside I'd try and avoid the wellies and just wear waterproofs with the boots instead. My feet were rotted from the wellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

They look the business. What's the story with neoprene, is it in any way waterproof?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Gortex hiking boots or work boots for me. Need the support in the sole and also breathable. Wellies are awful bloody things hate them. No support, no cushioning and very bad for your feet with regards breathability.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

When I can avoid wearing wellies or boots of any sort I do. In summer I would wear a light pair of trainers and have a pair of dealer boots in the back of jeep with me.

Winter preference is rigger boots.

Hate wellies - slapping against your leg, sweating your feet and socks all curled up under your feet. Awful invention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Wear caterpillar slip on safety boots, walk about 20km a day in them in temps up to 50 degrees. I feel socks are very important - point 6 merino socks, I think they cost me £15 a pair but have a lifetime warranty, and I’ve already had them changed once. Feet don’t sweat in them the same I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

Yeah up to a point but you wouldn’t want to standing in water for long

• Registered Users Posts: 15 John Farmer

Thanks so for your reply to my Thread. I Likewise try to avoid wearing wellies as much as ever possible, but particularly in Summer.

I must advise that I have the same issue with my new wide fit wellies - slapping against my leg in recent times it's so annoying, feet sweating with not much ventilation either. I looked into the issue in Great detail on a few website's and by asking a few people's opinion's for which you will laugh at me !! It ended up by I turning down the tops of both my welly's as being the best option for me, it helped enmorous. I didn't Like the look at the start, but was fine afterwards...... Thanks again.

Advertisement