Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conversations (with friends?): The Late Late Show-Friday 13th May 2022

• 12-05-2022 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Lenny Abrahamson is working the circuit at the moment for his latest offering. To be fair, he seems to have a good track record for this kind of thing.

"As they prepare for the launch of the eagerly awaited new drama Conversations with Friends, Oscar-nominated director Lenny Abrahamson and the show's Cork-born star Alison Oliver will join host Ryan Tubridy to chat about bringing Sally Rooney's debut novel to the small screen."

As the late Meatloaf (channelling the words of Jim Steinman) once sang, two out of three ain't bad. A musical interlude this week, from Jo-hann Shee-han, Paul Brady, and, em...Mundy.

"Joining us on the show is a special musical treat from three men who share the same birthday. John Sheahan, Paul Brady and Mundy will be playing some of their biggest hits and sharing some stories along the way."

Squeezing a quart out of a pint-pot comes to mind. How the Masked Singer had a profound effect on me. Indeed.

"Westlife’s Mark Feehily will join Ryan to talk about how fatherhood has changed his life, why doing The Masked Singer had a profound effect on him, and his excitement at getting back on stage with Westlife this summer.

He'll also be performing two special songs."

Speaking of milking things, time to play the Toy Show card again-with his usual understated modesty, Hobbidy rarely brings it up, so his team have to.

"Plus, there'll be a very special performance from composer RuthAnne Cunningham and some of The Late Late Toy Show kids including Saoirse Ruane as they get ready to make a very special announcement that has been in the works for quite some time."

I leave you with news that we are not alone in noticing the black masks-Niall Boylan thinks it's all rather...creepy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Boylan should look in the mirror if he wants to know what creepy looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Speaking of milking things, time to play the Toy Show card again-with his usual understated modesty, Hobbidy rarely brings it up, so his team have to.

"Plus, there'll be a very special performance from composer RuthAnne Cunningham and some of The Late Late Toy Show kids including Saoirse Ruane as they get ready to make a very special announcement that has been in the works for quite some time."

Toy Show to become a monthly event! There is just something wrong about how the Toy Show is just a mini-version of the depressing TLLS.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Ryan Tubridy is a creep

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Toy Show in May - creepy. This series has been so so bad even with 20% reduction in the program time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I don't watch because Tubridy is unwatchable for me.

Sadly that little girl Saoirse has recently received devastating news from her oncologist, according to this article.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/people/arid-40864700.html

• Advertisement

Conversations with Friends 🤢

I can't stand those maudlin shoe gazey dramas filled with pretentious gobshîtes who'd eat themselves if they were bars of chocolate. A vegan chocolate.

Just to repeat (we if RTÉ can) my Conversation with Friends Joke from that Thread

Do all beautiful people say everything in hushed voices for dramatic effect?

Mary(whispers): I want... I want... you ... you [she sighs]

John (whispers back): Go on ... you ... you ... want me to ...

Mary (sighing): to wash ... the fupan dishes..

John (angrily): YOU FAT SMELLY COW!

Mary : YOU HAVE A FACE LIKE A PAIR OF TITS!

John: Well at least we have one pair between us!

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I never watch Normal People but I know exactly the type of rubbish it was.

And the ads for Conversations with Friends looks equally as sh!te. A bunch of talking in whispers, stopped in their tracks staring at each other, long silences, staring into the distance deep in thought etc. "You like Melissa's husband"...."I kissed Melissa". Sounds riveting 🙄 Sounds like it was written by a leaving cert student.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

It was everywhere in the media yet they never specified what the awful news was.

And I kissed you and Melissa kissed her husband which means technically I kiss her husband as well.

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,916 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I can see RTE re branding this show to the Mate Mate Show next season.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

Terrible news. Alas osteosarcoma is a vicious cancer, it hides and returns with a vengeance even if you think you’ve won the battle. Occasionally there are cures, but too often it’s fatal.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I could have sworn when tubs was chatting on his radio show this morning about the little girl being on, he said we will have some encouraging or positive news on that front, or words to that effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mark should have won The Masked Singer, what a voice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭lukin

Conversations Filled With S###e would be a more appropriate title for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Even Callans Kicks had a dig at it too tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sorry, folks.

After the absolute scutter that was liveline today, I’ve had enough pain this weekend already. I feel Tubridy could actually push me over the edge.

enjoy!😖

• Registered Users Posts: 71,557 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 81,074 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like the Covid war is over in RTE, finally sense prevailed and no masks imposed on the audience this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Sally Rooney classic?

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’m out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Ugh…. Complications with friends, a modern take on circle jerk of friends…. Leave it out, hated abnormal people too and no doubt this will be rammed down our throats again like medicine you just don’t want to take

“He loves so much”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

Tubs likes seeing people's 'back teeth' was he a dentist.

Mark has lost weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,074 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Karaoke hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

He's no Sinead O Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Talk about butchering a classic song

• Advertisement

Though Mark looks a bit tired around the eyes. At some Eurovision party maybe.

Advertisement