Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Two Arrested In Underground Bunker Drug Seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Its a very small grow house if that's all they got out of it. They'd get more out of the standard attic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

A lot more than just drugs???

Like what?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

Some very shady stuff happening in that area over the past few months. Let's just say a few household names spotted in Dunmore recently, and I'm not referring to Tyson Fury! Will all come out soon I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

What a horrifically written article

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Its not the only bunker in the area either. Cousin of mine did time in castlerea and the Dunmore bunkers were regular chatter amongst the prisoners. Many notorius Irish gangsters have been spotted drinking in the Blue Kuku pub in recent months. I'd imagine most of the weed was moved before the raid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 FairCityFanboy

What's the Blue Kuku got to do with this? I haven't been in that place in years, although it'd hardly be my style.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well fuk them how did they find my - the - stash?

The Blue Kuku pub is the life and soul of the area. Great pub with a great pint of Guinness.

I was in there for a bingo night a few weeks ago and all anyone would talk about was the bunkers. It seems gangs all around Ireland have been using them the last few years and going to the Blue Kuku pub as a meet up point on a Sunday for a soup and sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FairCityFanboy

Interesting! I had heard a lot of chatter about bunkers in the area alright, but never gave much heed to them. I'm hearing the people arrested were blow-ins? Hearing from other people that they didn't even arrest the main culprits, hard to know what to believe.

Yeah they were only small fish arrested. They'll plead guilty and do their time. No way will they rat out the big fish who's been masterminding these bunkers for years

• Advertisement
Advertisement