Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giro Stage 5 - Catania to Messina (174km)

• 11-05-2022 10:21am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭

GC riders take a break and the sprinters take over. If Stage 3 is anything to go by this will be a fairly boring affair with the usual excitement at the end. I suspect MvdP won't be riding for his team mate this time now as all he has to ride for is the Ciclamino so surely he goes for the victory here? Also if Girmay's performance on Stage 3 is anything to go by it does look like he can compete with the big boys when it comes to sprinting. Anyway the two big guns are the expected favourites - Ewan and Cavendish and I can't help but show my bias here and hope Ewan can do it. I just can't like Cavendish especially since he decided to sell his team mate down the swanny the other day despite winning. What happens if he loses? Despite all this I've backed Demare for the value.

Betting

Caleb Ewan 9/4

Mark Cavendish 9/2

Biniam Girmay 5/1

Matthieu Van Der Poel 7/1

Arnaud Demare 9/1

Fernando Gaviria 10/1

Giacomo Nizzolo 14/1

Phil Bauhaus 17/1

Magnus Cort Nielsen 22/1

Comments

Advertisement