Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giro Stage 2 - Budapest to Budapest ITT (9.2km)

Options
  • 07-05-2022 1:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is a delayed prologue that is pan flat until the last 1.3km where they go up this:-

Too late to check the odds unfortunately but expect the GC guys to go well. No TT superstars here but with the hill finish it may suit someone like MvdP who we know tends to go well in a TT if he is highly motivated. Almeida, Carapaz, Dumoulin for GC. Affini, Foss, Magnus Cort should also go well. Someone like Valter should give it a good go considering and I'm curious to see how Will Barta goes as he went well a couple of years ago in the Vuelta in a similar but longer profile when he was cruelly beaten by Roglic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

1 MVP

2 Almeida

3 Bilbao

Saw the start of that hill today and it’s even steeper looking than the profile suggests IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I had Dowsett as my pick but obviously not now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sobrero another I forgot. Won't be short of motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Dumoulin will go very well today

As will Almeida and Kelderman

Some riders hoping to not lose too much time inc Carapaz , Bardet, Landa, Valverde etc

Some who might surprise are Carthy and Arensman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Looking forward to see how Simon Yates does....if his form is good he can fly up this hill

Also Nibali who like technical TTs .....we can see today if they will be in contenction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Dumoulin was favourite at 2.62, Almeida at 3.75

Big tom smashes it, first man under 12mins

EDIT: Jesus, Yates goes 5secs better immediately after!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Tom not even getting his backside on the hot seat!! Some performance from Yates 😲

MVDP on the pink bike today, didn't he have a yellow one last year at the start of the tour?

Needs a red one for the Vuelta now!

Tom not at all happy in the interview there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

I know its aftertiming but had a sneaky bet on Simon Yates @40/1. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 24,352 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The real story of the day is Bardet didn't completely blow it in a TT (even a sorta prologue one)

Carapaz had a disaster of a climb. He lost only 10 seconds to Yates on the first flat 8k, then lost 18 seconds on the last 1.2k, where presumably you'd have thought he'd be stronger. He ended 4s behind bardet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,352 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Could have been wrecked from trying so hard on the flat or felt awkward climbing on a TT bike

I'll be adding Budapest to my list of places to go to. Looked amazing on the telly today. I was actually there years ago for the F1 when I was 14 or 15 but we didn't really do much around the city that I remember.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Maybe wait until Orban is gone. About 2 or 3 more rigged elections away.

Budapest is a great city, was there 4-5 years ago with herself, would definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It is a fantastic place. Great bars, great architecture and so forth.

Advertisement