Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bolands Hyundai - Waterford- Terrible Customer Service

• 06-05-2022 10:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

!RANT WARNING!

So today was an interesting one for me. 

Dropped my ioniq to Bolands Waterford for the 120k kms service. I asked at booking for a price & breakdown of what was being done as when I booked it in the guy booked told me they would top up my ad-blu and do an oil change etc 🙄

Yesterday they ring me asking if I can drop the car down at 9.30am instead of 2pm I was booked for because they needed to do a recall item on it. 

So I dropped it yesterday evening, got an email after 5 of the breakdown and price of €308!!!

I emailed back asking for items such as oil disposal etc to be taken off the estimate. 

I then spent this morning ringing other garages to get a quote for the “big 120k kms service”.

For reference: 

Castlebar €170

Galway €175

Kilkenny €175

Wexford €99

Waterford €308

So I get a txt at 11:30 to say they have finished my car.

I collected it at around 5pm & asking the service rep for a bit more detail why the price was so expensive versus other main dealers & I was given every excuse under the sun…. At this point I asked for a detailed breakdown of what was done on my last service (at 105k kms!) as this was only €69 & I wanted to understand why this service was 4.4 times the cost….. keeping in mind there was nothing changed (no pads/discs etc). The offered me a “discount” and said they would do it for €210. They still didn’t answer my question as to why their sister garage in wexford would have been €99.

The lady I was dealing with went and got the service manager who was what can only be described as pig ignorant. He wasn’t willing to answer any of my questions or explain the difference in costs versus other garages. In the end he threw the keys at me and told me I am no longer welcome back for future services 🙈 Obviously I will be contacting their head office to lodge a formal complaint regarding this issue. 

Lesson for me today is 

1. do not take the service appointment without them confirming the price. 

2. Always price around as “the main dealer system” doesn’t give you the same price in every garage.

Comments

Advertisement