Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rotunda parents - what was the birth cert procedure?

• 06-05-2022 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, could any Rotunda parents let me know what was the procedure for the birth certificate in this hospital? Do the birth registration people visit the ward after the birth to get the babies name and how does it work? Do they need the full babys first and middle names too? Many thanks for any replies.

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Last time I was there (2018), the come round, take the baby's name, mother's name, and send the info to the Births, deaths and marriages offices.I don't think they necessarily need all the names.But you have to go in to that office and finish the process at a later date.Bring your marriage cert if you are married, and your own passports or other official ID. They'll ask you the baby's full name there

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jobrowne33

Thanks very much for sharing, that's good to know. I heard that the procedure has changed since covid and they don't come around anymore looking for the name of the baby after the birth - maybe recent rotunda parents could shed some light on this? Do they ask for the fathers name too?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Possibly.I think on one of my baby's they never came, or else I was discharged before they did.It wasnever an issue in registering the birth.The hospital send a list every day to the Births, Deaths, Marriages office, so they will be aware of say male baby born on Date X in the Rotunda, but you still have to provide all your documentation to them at the office, and have the conversation then about what you want on the birth cert.The Rotunda is just the messenger basically, it won't be official until you go to the office to register it all.

For example, my babies had my maiden name on their hospital tags, because I had gone in an emergency early in the pregnancy and just given my maiden name without thinking.That carried through for all 3 of my babies.When we got to the Births, Deaths,Marriages place, we corrected it to give them my married name on the birth cert.

Advertisement