Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giro d'Italia 2022 General Discussion (and Velogames)

Options
  • 05-05-2022 10:41am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just setting up a team on Velogames and took the opportunity to setup a boards league (ID 77430889) so I thought it might fit best in a general thread for the Giro.

Most of my picks are heart over head to be honest:-

GC: Almeida - just a fan. Looking forward to seeing his anguished expressions on the climbs.

Points: Demare - I think Demare is one of the few sprinters who will stick around but thats no guarantee.

KOM: Bardet - predicting Bardet tries and fails to go for GC and ends up chasing the KOM but keep an eye out for any biggish names who deliberately lose time early.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ahh, you got in before me. I was about to post a league I set up. But I will join yours.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sorry I should have checked in the race thread if anyone was planning it.

I'd like to see Bardet and Landa go well. Interesting hearing Bardet get interviewed in English more these days, speaks very well for a guy who spent most of his career on a French team and comes across very well as a result.

Yates I'd like to go well too but he was blowing super hot and cold last week in Asturias and lost enough time when he blew on the second stage to cost him GC.

I think I'm going to go with bug Tom but have a felling some of these stages are too hard for him maybe vs what he can take back in a TT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I like the look of Landa though Carapaz is on a very good team and has already won a GT

I expect Bardet to go better than last year and Aresmanis a good bet for the young riders jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I have joined the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Just joined the league thanks. I’ll probably languish near the bottom as I do every year !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Valverde smashed the Strava KOM for the Stage 1 finish climb on a recon today.

22/1 for the win tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

That's great odds on Valverde, I think it's a tough one to predict as it's not a very difficult climb and the bonus of being in pink will be a big motivator for a lot of riders.

Hard to look past VDP for this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Joined the league ... no doubt i will be relegation fodder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

1st, 2nd, 4th & 6th on the stage sees me lead a velogames for the first time ever i think!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It occurs to me this thread title should probably also say "no same day spoilers" just in case. Could a mod oblige?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Can you look back at your previous years results on Velogames? not seeing an option.

I have jumped above you Enfilade but I see we have very similar teams. You even accidentally mis-clicked Will Barta just like me :) Here is to him going in the break today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Last. I am last. I’ve never been great, but this is ridiculous

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement