Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I ordered the Forstner 1450 bracelet from the US because there was a big online discount. I figured even if I got hit with import and VAT, it would still be as cheap as the UK source. I wasn't in a hurry either, so regular post was fine.

I was away for a few days and when I got home I had a VAT demand, one of the printed cards. I paid it on 15/04/2020. The tracking number was a US Postal service one, so using anpost.com told me nothing bar the extra costs had been paid.

The damn thing was not delived until yesterday, 13 days later! FFS!

Post edited by Lorddrakul on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

No idea what any of that is about but that Tim fella seems like a right asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭scwazrh

What’s the background for that ?Did nico not pays his bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

A massive pack of ****. Who claim to be for “the community” but also are desperately clawing for pennies in the dirt ala Archie’s fridge, Tim’s superchats desperation and Paul selling jpegs, Oisins fawning over zero shite vest etc etc.

The community is pretty ugly at this point if they represent it.

• Advertisement

It’s quiet unbelievable. Have seen 100s to 500s on a regular basis.

Jesus. That’s a 20k gift! And the man is walking wan k stain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Watch YouTube is a toxic sludge pit. Barely a brain cell between them. Men of descerning taste and manners they are not.

Only fans for watches is a perfect description. Men with money but no class using it to control narcisists with.youtube channels.

Some ball of shite really . I can’t stand Archie, makes me feel weird watching him and not good weird.He seems to have a huge following though.

At this stage I only watch barker & jack , teddy balldaserrrreee however you spell that and watch finder.Granted they are all selling but at least it’s about watches and not drama .

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I'd put Bark and **** in the same category as Archie, both Repugnant.

• Advertisement

The monotone is annoying at times but there’s no bullsh*t or drama with him, not that I’ve seen yet anyway .What do you not like about him ?

Repugnant is a perfect description for Archie

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I just always found him up his own arse, I haven't watched him in nearly 2 years so maybe I'm being unfair. The drama with these other guys puts me off completely, I recall clicking "don't show me videos from this channel" on pretty much all the guys mentioned in the drama fest about that guy who was spreading his cheeks for rolex money.

Federico is the only luxury watch channel I actually enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I stick to Tim mosso , no nonsense 😁

I watch Paul T short videos. Think he is sneaky wanker.

Anthony F I enjoyed. Also wanker. But entertaining

Fredrico I enjoy a lot short and snappy and honest about agenda but also seems happy to **** his own business by saying Rolex are over priced crap.

David K, another sneaky wanker

All the day in the life channels with hour long videos and lots of bling. **** off.

Jenni Elle. **** off also. Stealing a living on her face

Gringa- mildly entertaining and majorly annoying

Timeless. Same as gringa

2 hour live streamers-**** off

Grand Calibre-very boring so far

watchfinder, bark and jack, Swiss watch gang-enjoy relevant videos.

i subscribe to most just to see if sometHing of interest pops up. Less and less does.

yeah I’d be with you on all that and like yourself I subscribe to them all but don’t pay too much attention to them.

forgot about David K , he’s a real wannabe Paul Thorpe ,same “trust me I’m honest “ style of video.

Something slimy about him. He also boring as ****.

Great first hour here. Paul lays into Tim. Tim was in vegas drunk in a car with a lad waving around a glock live streaming that they were coming for Paul 😹😹😹

• Registered Users Posts: 16,440 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I very rarely watch any of the watch streamers, by that I mean the hyped, watches are great look at my lifestyle kind of thing unless someone posts a video up here tbh.

I do look at reviews and our own lads here, Blanchy and I miss Fitz's vids but usually my watch video viewing is pretty much limited to when I'm looking for something specific re: a watch or an opinion.

I tend to read a lot of forums tho, even if this is the only corner I contribute to regularly, that's enough drama for me 😁 but tz-uk, TRF, watchuseek and Reddit see enough of me stalking and reading. I mean it took me years to reach the sales corner on TZ even 🤣

On the vid 893 posted. It really does highlight the wankery endemic in the media side of the game doesn't it. If nothing else, if Archie had an issue with the Nico deal? It was for him to resolve no? Not for Tim to scream on stream and highlight how much of a dick he is? Not for the screaming BTW but, for staying quiet whilst he knew that Nico was taking advantage. That he knew Nico had gotten something for nothing, that Archie was jetlagged or whatever but he said nothing....

That's just Dickhead behaviour. Why stay quiet? What were hoping to parley that silence into? Surely if you had your friend's back? You'd highlight the error at the time.

It's akin to wrestling with the levels of hyperbolic BS in the video. Just reinforces my own notion that I'm better off with airplane videos 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

This is why I dont youtube any more. These lads are like children all cliques and clubs. Thorpe wants to control everyone in his cartl. He says its loyality he wants but really that just a code for licking his hole. Tim Write is bottom feeding sucker fish that hoovers up scraps of superchats. Archie is hard to listen to. Nico engages too much and is like the enforcer for the cartell because he is the biggest youtuber. Its all got nothing to do with watches. But problem is like I have said before there just is not enough to the watch hobby to keep 24 hour a day streaming channels busy.

Thorpe giving out about comments on other channels is a bit childish. Youtube is troll central. Trolling is fun,.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd have more respect for the lads queuing to sell it on for double or triple the price than the lads paying €600 for a plastic swatch

• Advertisement

The two adverts ain’t flying off the shelf’s. One sold at 375 so market set at that.

what’s euro retail?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

i think its around 300 euro? maybe 250? when the dust settles might buy for my son for xmas.. my moonwatch is due back from service in next week or so - looking foward to getting it back

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Adverts is always cheap. Plenty of them on eBay where bidding has gone far above that already. I think RRP is €250. Fair play to those flippers standing in the queue for an hour or so, buying 2 of them and flipping them for a profit worth more than a full days manual labour 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Interview with irish watch maker Stephen McGonigle on now with Ryan Tubridy Radio show

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

I'd love to hear it. But there's no way I would listen to that tubridy shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Not a bad section, and Tubs was less annoying than usual.

So A Lange have had massive price increases up to 20 percent.

As an example the 1815 chrono has gone from 55,400 to 64,400.

Every YouTube channel is doing the “it’s only the hype models are falling, small correction, April is a slow month”. When the tide starts to go out…..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Lads, I'm on the lookout for some extra links for a 24mm Lady constellation. Any ideas or suggested forums I could use to find them?

I was in Dubai during the week and went tire kicking. Tried on a IWC Portugueser, beautiful watch. The salesman insisted I try on the new perpetual with an alligator strap, only a cool 25k or so, didn't have it on me so had to leave it behind. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

Ok I know it's not a watch, but still I don't want to post on the fake watch for sale thread cos I'm not saying fake. Though 4200 for these runners. Does anyone have any idea what they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Advertisement